BACKGROUND ON IMPACT AND REACH
IMPACT Initiatives is a humanitarian NGO, based in Geneva, Switzerland. The organisation manages several initiatives, including the REACH Initiative. The IMPACT team comprises specialists in data collection, management and analysis and GIS. IMPACT was launched at the initiative of ACTED, an international NGO whose headquarter is based in Paris and is present in thirty countries. The two organizations have a strong complementarity formalized in a global partnership, enabling IMPACT to benefit from ACTED’s operational support on its fields of intervention.
REACH was born in 2010 as a joint initiative of two International NGOs (IMPACT Initiatives and ACTED) and the United Nations Operational Satellite Applications Programme (UNOSAT ). REACH’s purpose is to promote and facilitate the development of information products that enhance the humanitarian community’s decision making and planning capacity for emergency, reconstruction and development contexts. REACH facilitates information management for aid actors through three complementary services: (a) need and situation assessments facilitated by REACH teams; (b) situation analysis using satellite imagery; (c) provision of related database and (web)-mapping facilities and expertise.
We are currently looking for a HUB and Logistics Intern to support our team in Geneva.
Title: HUB/Logistics Intern
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months
Location: Geneva – International Environment House II
Rémunération: 1’150 CHF/mois
Under the supervision of the HUB/Logistics Officer, the HUB/Logistics intern is responsible for supporting the procurement (laptops, licenses, etc) and asset management processes of the organisation, as well as the Geneva office management. The intern may be requested to support the IT focal point in the set-up of laptops and management of common requests.
· Follow-up on procurement requests from field teams.
· Support in the constitution of the procurement files (collection of quotations, consolidation of purchase documents), follow-up of deliveries and communication with suppliers.
o Asset management
· Follow-up on license attribution requests.
· Follow up on IMPACT asset management (asset follow up).
· Management of IMPACT license portfolio.
o Geneva office management
· Welcome visitors, answer phone queries.
· Support to the coordination of logistics for organising events, trainings or meetings.
· In relation to COVID-19 restrictions, support to the coordination of office adaptation measures.
o Support to IT Focal Point for IMPACT IT common requests
· Communication with IT suppliers if needed (troubleshooting printers, Internet, etc.) according to the emergency booklet.
· Setup of newly purchased laptops.
· Depending on technical knowledge, handling common technical support requests from HQ users (setting up newcomers on time, technical preparation for one-off events, common management of laptop administration, technical troubleshooting, etc.).
· Studies relevant to the position (Bachelor/Master)
· Have required qualifications in terms of logistics
· IT knowledge is a plus
· Fluency in French and ideally in English
· Knowledge of the Office package
· Good organizational skills and ability to work in autonomy
· Dynamic, eagerness to learn and support a team
· Interest in the humanitarian sector
How to apply
Kindly submit to the following link: HUB/Logistics Intern | Impact (impact-initiatives.org)
In case you encounter challenges using the application form, please contact us via [email protected]
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.