EYN Projects respects and believes in the infinite worth of every individual. We demonstrate this belief through our development and humanitarian services to affected communities, equal employment opportunities, building and strengthening staff’s skills, and ensuring qualitative and effective service delivery. EYN Projects does not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, or religion in our recruitment exercise nor in our humanitarian and development work.
- Experience 1 year
- Location Borno
EYN Projects respects and believes in the infinite worth of every individual. We demonstrate this belief by providing development and humanitarian services to affected communities, equal employment opportunities, building and strengthening our staff’s skills, and ensuring qualitative and effective service delivery. EYN Projects does not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, or religion in our recruitment exercise nor in the humanitarian and developmental services we provide.
ABOUT THE JOB
Under the program manager’s supervision, the HR/Admin Officer is responsible for the effective and consistent coordination and implementation of HR processes, functions & procedures, monitors HR projects and workflow and oversees all aspects of Human Resources practices and processes and general office operations. On a regular and continuous basis, he/she will exercise administrative judgment on determining departmental operation goals, standards, policies, and procedures. He/she will support organization needs and ensure the proper implementation of organizational strategy and objectives.
The HR/Admin is to promote corporate values and permit organizational success through human resources management, including staff appraisal, training, and capacity development, employment cycle management, and support in the handling of recruitment of personnel. She/he should be analytical, knowledgeable, and organized with a proactive attitude and strong leadership skills.
The HR/Admin Officer will be responsible for the following, including those not listed but are extensions of those expressly stated:
- Administer various human resources and administrative plans and procedures for all organization operations and personnel; assist in developing and implementing organization/personnel policies and procedures.
- Supervision of daily activities of the administrative staff.
- Ensuring the office is stocked with necessary supplies and all equipment is working and properly maintained.
- Facilitate the planning, scheduling, and promotion of office events, including meetings, conferences, interviews, orientations, and training sessions.
- Ensure the Collection, organization, and storing of information using computers and filing systems
- Support in writing corrective action memos and other documentation; attends or conducts corrective action sessions as warranted; performs necessary follow-up.
- Handles the recruitment processes of the organization, assist hiring managers with the shortlisting of applicants, and ensures all processes are carried out in line with the organizations’ policies and procedures
- Monitors performance evaluation process
- Meeting with coordinators to discuss needs.
- Maintains all essential applicant and interview data in the Human Resources
- Supporting in handling monthly payroll and yearly forms for employees.
- Ensure the preparation and submission of all relevant HR letters/documents/certificates/ attendance as per the requirement in consultation with the management
- Ensure that all employee inquiries & grievances are satisfactorily attended to
- Partners with hiring managers to plan, analyze, and develop staffing needs and determine the organizational structure
- Ensure that new hires/employees are orientated, apprise employees of benefit options, and accurately complete required paperwork for new staff members
- Ensure that employees are properly counseled regarding human resources policies, procedures, and practices
- When directed, conducts special human resources studies in various areas such as pay practices, turnover, climate surveys, etc.
- Identify employees’ needs about performance problems, training options, and career development and makes recommendations accordingly.
- Provides input to managers about potential enhancements to current personnel practices; assists in the evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department with established goals; recommend new approaches for the organization’s human resources improvement.
- Maintain all personnel files.
- Bachelor’s degree or HND in human resources, business administration, public administration, law, or any related field with at least one year experience in HR/Admin-related activities.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- The ability to multitask.
- Effective communication skills in English and Hausa
- Excellent knowledge of Nigerian humanitarian aid and development context
- Excellent reporting skills
- Computer proficiency (word, excel, and internet)
- Good analytical skills, at ease with figures and data.
- Adaptability and flexibility – willing to work on a variety of projects and perform in multiple roles
- Demonstrate ability to work with different communities, leaders, and staff.
- A good sense of judgment and a high degree of professionalism is required.
- Knowledge of conflict resolution and negotiations
Method of Application
The subject of the application MUST contain the Job title
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their applications in a single PDF document to [email protected]
NOTE: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.