United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction, Geneva, Switzerland
The position is part of the Human Resources Unit, in the Resource Planning and Management Section of the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) in Geneva, Switzerland. The incumbent reports to the Human Resources Officer, under the overall supervision of the Chief of the Resource Planning and Management Section.
Within delegated authority, the Human Resources Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
Recruitment and placement
- Participates in the selection of candidates for secretarial, clerical and related categories positions; including evaluating and screening applications of such candidates, preparing profiles of candidates, and conducting preliminary interviews, and conducting roster searches for vacancies and identifying short-lists of candidates.
- Assists in the filling of posts for all categories, including initiating and following-up on reference checks and academic verifications, ensuring the completion of the pre-recruitment formalities, calculating salaries and related benefits, and preparing and dispatching offers of appointment and Statement of Emoluments.
- Assists in organizing and coordinating competitive recruitment examinations.
- Oversees the maintenance of vacancy announcement files and tracking status of vacancy announcements.
- Reviews and processes personnel actions through Umoja.
- Advises staff on visa matters.
Administration of entitlements:
- Reviews and processes requests for entitlements and claims.
- Maintains UMOJA entitlements reference tables.
Staff development and career support training:
- Assists in the organization and conducts of training courses and workshops.
- Provides logistics and administrative support to trainers.
- Assists in reviewing and processing requests for classification.
- Provides advice and answers general queries on classification procedures and processes.
Administration of non-staff personnel:
- Reviews the terms of reference of selected consultants and individual contractors and proposes the appropriate remuneration level based on the prevailing rules
- Raises shopping carts and service entry sheets in UMOJA.
- Supports the administration of other non-staff personnel (UN Volunteers, interns etc)
- Conducts exit interviews for separating staff and assists him/her in final arrangements.
- Maintains HR related automated systems and applications including automated databases containing HR related statistics and prepares periodic reports.
- Undertakes research on a range of HR related issues and assists in the preparation of notes/reports.
- Provides general office support services; processes, drafts, edits, proofreads and finalizes for signature/approval a variety of correspondence and other communications; performs budget preparation, input monitoring and implementation in UMOJA, etc.; sets up and maintains files/records (electronic and paper); schedules appointments/meetings, monitors deadlines, etc.
- Prepares written response to queries concerning HR related matters.
- Trains and provides supervision to new and lower-level staff in the unit.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, administrative services or related area is required.
- Experience in advising staff members on HR rules and regulations is desirable.
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning system such as Umoja or similar is desirable.
- Experience in recruitment processes in international organizations is desirable.
- Experience working in international organizations such as the United Nations is desirable.
- Experience working with conferencing and online meeting tools such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc. is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- For the post advertised, fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of French is desirable.
1st June, 2022
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.