Food and Agriculture Organization , Budapest, Hungary
The Shared Services Centre (SSC) recommends and administers process management and procedures that need to be executed effectively; ensures the management of quality assurance activities associated with the transactional processes and implementation of service delivery; continuously improves the satisfaction of its customers, internal or external, while pursuing a continuous improvement agenda that will drive up service excellence while driving down the costs of service delivery through process standardization, process automation and self-service capabilities.
The post is located in the Recruitment and Validation Team of the HR Unit, SSC, and is based in Budapest, Hungary.
The Human Resources Assistant coordinates and performs the full range of human resources support functions. He/she ensures quality, transparency and consistency of data and processes within his/her area of responsibility and contributes to the smooth functioning of human resources operations:
- The Human Resources Assistant reports to the Human Resources Associate under the oversight of professional staff in the Recruitment and Validation Team. The incumbent operates independently and takes decisions on work priorities, exercises initiative for dealing with cases without precedents and finds solutions to problems after discussion with senior staff. Supervision received is focused on the quality of work outputs, in particular the meeting of timelines and the quality of advice given to clients. The incumbent provides guidance and advice to other human resources support staff.
- The Human Resources Assistant works closely with colleagues in the Recruitment and Validation and the Non-Staff HR (NSHR) teams of the SSC, as well as with managers and other clients with a view to providing and coordinating experienced human resources support.
- Coordinate support services related to the recruitment process of staff and affiliated staff, including the preparation and posting of vacancy announcements.
- Review recruitment and selection-related documentation, including validation of candidates, education and reference check and verification.
- Coordinate support services related to the employment and servicing of staff; initiate a range of personnel actions such as appointments, extensions, transfers.
- Analyse and process a variety of complex human resources requests related to entitlements and benefits.
- Support the briefing and de-briefing of staff, provide information as to staff entitlements and specificities of contracts.
- Communicate with applicants and prepares offers/terms of employment.
- Collect and research background information; draft correspondence, reports and statistics related to all human resources functions, as appropriate.
- Review, maintain and update confidential personnel information, records and files; ensure completeness and accuracy of records and that follow-up on actions is taken.
- Investigate and resolve payment inquiries in collaboration with finance staff; prepare payment instructions.
- Train and provide guidance to other human resources support staff in the work unit.
- Participate in the preparation of training materials and delivery of training to administrative staff in the Organization.
- Perform other duties as required.
Candidates Will Be Assessed Against The Following:
- Secondary School Education.
- Four years of relevant experience in administrative and human resources support work.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English.
- Very good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
20th May, 2022
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.