TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Specialist
Requisition Number: SPECI002166
Job Category: Operations
Job type: Full-Time
- TechnoServe seeks a highly skilled Human Resources Specialist as a competent advisor to senior management and all local staff, successfully rolling out TechnoServe policies and procedures, knowing when to escalate any non-compliant, or ethically questionable activities beyond local management.
- The Senior Human Resources Specialist will report to the Country Director with a dotted line to the HRBP- West Africa.
In this role, he/she will be responsible for:
- Develop and/or update the local Employee Handbook, in collaboration with the HRBP.
- Lead the annual performance review process to provide training and ensure evaluations are completed in a professional and timely manner.
- Develop and implement disciplinary actions, in collaboration with the HRBP
- Conduct exit interviews with departing staff.
- Help roll out salary scales in collaboration with the HRBP.
- Assist with local ethics investigations.
- Manage all local recruitment and partner with HQ HR on international hires
- Manage all aspects of local payroll, including regularly ensuring compliance with local labor laws and tax regulations.
- Manage all aspects of leave administration.
- Manage all aspects of existing local benefit plans, including vendor management and invoicing.
- Manage all aspects of hiring new staff including contract templates, required paperwork and new hire orientations.
- Manage all staff exits, including severance, if applicable, and other exit payments and releases.
- Communication and enforcement of HR policies and procedures.
- Manage all aspects of HQ HRIS protocols including timely and accurate entries; secure storage of other personnel information / files required by local laws
- Proactively and confidentially manage all employee relations issues, including CD and/or HRBP as appropriate.
- Help manage work authorization issues related to international staff assigned to the country office.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Organization Psychology, Social Sciences, LLB).
- Possession of a Master’s degree in a relevant field or other Human Resource qualification/certification is an added advantage
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Human Resource Management, preferably with an international NGO
- Computer literacy with excellent MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint skills
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, including a proven ability to maintain constructive relationships with colleagues and partners, both in-person and virtually.
Application Closing Date
1st Decemeber, 2021. (17h00 EST)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- TechnoServe encourages diversity in all levels and across all facets of our organization.
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.