Vital Voices Global Partnership
Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, wholistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award-winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 18,000 change-makers across 182 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 70 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the coming years we have a bold vision to dramatically scale our impact. In early 2022 we will be opening the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It will be a hub of activity, events and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented professional with deep logistics management and crisis response experience for the position of Humanitarian Logistics Specialist on the Vital Voices’ Crisis Response team. Foremost, the Humanitarian Logistics Specialist will lead Vital Voices’ mobilization efforts for all new projects and project extensions on the Crisis Response team, ensuring timely and efficient delivery of services and response. In this role, (S)he will work as a part of a cross-functional team on key projects and business initiatives including recurring logistics and emergency crisis management. This position is based in Washington, DC though it’s currently remote through March 2022 due to the ongoing pandemic.
Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Planning: Create well-defined and executed logistics management approach to ensure reliable on-time performance and execution, optimize cost, prevent unplanned expenses, and provide accurate and timely information across the organization.
- Procurement: Participate in finalizing Procurement Plans for all contracts. Ensure that the plan is appropriate and cost-effective, based on budget, markets, infrastructure, nature of the Vital Voices programs, and schedule.
- Evacuation: Work in coalition with other partners to meet the critical needs of the most at-risk women leaders: evacuating them and their families including creating, compiling, and managing manifests for evacuations. Build a database of all refugees and evacuees Vital Voices is responsible for tracking purposes and record keeping.
- Travel: Ensure transport services are cost-efficient and reliable including efficient coordination, relevant security measures, and proper visas and permits are in place for safe passage. Establish systems to effectively plan, coordinate and monitor staff and stakeholder travel by road or air.
- Care: Provides safe, timely, effective, equitable care and response according to the context and type of crisis in regions across the globe. Maintain a human rights-based approach in the implementation of services through a holistic approach to meet individual needs. Responsible for effective implementation of procurement policies, procedures, and systems applicable to the Crisis Response and standard operating procedures. Ensure existing practices, policies are in compliance with global standards and donors’ requirements.
- Process: Drive process improvements to ensure operational excellence as well as some operational assignments. Identify and drive cross-functional process improvements with key stakeholders including assigned strategic initiatives for the organization as a part of a cross-functional team. Utilize quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques to evaluate the effectiveness of program operations;
- Relationship Management: Identify and liaise with key stakeholders and partners. Maintain contact and relationships with organizations, individuals, and participants on VV’s behalf. Maintain database of critical partners.
- Communications: Create one-pagers, concept notes, other communications documents for Global Network & Regional Engagement team & Afghanistan Crisis Response matrix team.
- DE&I Commitment: Model the Vital Voices commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to disrupt and evolve systems and behaviors that negatively impact women and BIPOC employees and network.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work irregular hours in response to regional and global crises
- Ability to travel in support of emergency operations which may be extensive in nature with little advance notice
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field, plus 2-4 years of relevant work experience in humanitarian logistics required, OR Graduate degree in international relations; plus 1-3 years of work experience REQUIRED;
- Strong demonstrated experience in global women’s issues and human rights, particularly the elimination of gender-based violence REQUIRED;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English; Additional language skills preferred
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines, sometimes under difficult or challenging circumstances;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and self-awareness;
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (esp. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), social networking tools, and database software (i.e., Salesforce).
- This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. If and when it is safe to travel, domestic and international travel up to 10% may be required for the position.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on unjobvacancies.com
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.