ChildFund Deutschland e.V.
Humanitarian Response Manager
Since 1978 ChildFund Deutschland is supporting disadvantaged and needy children, young people and families with an aim to improve their future perspectives. We initiate and accompany mostly development and transitional aid projects in more than 30 countries
For building up and leading a focus area for emergency relief activities in Eastern Europe, ChildFund Deutschland is searching for a committed and experienced
Humanitarian response manager m/w/x)
We expect the successful candidate to start this full-time engagement as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will closely work with our Ukrainian partners as well as our Italian partner organization “We World”. At this stage, the position will exclusively cover humanitarian help within Ukraine and support for Ukrainian displaced persons in Moldova.
The long-term aim of this engagement is to expand its scope with developing humanitarian aid structures within ChildFund Deutschland as well as covering other countries and taking over other relevant assignments.
- Leading independently emergency-relief-projects/-programmes as well as smaller project teams in the context of the war in Ukraine
- Organizing, implementing and evaluating humanitarian project activities with a focus on cash programmes, medical treatment for children, informal and formal education, setup of emergency accommodation evacuation of internally displaced people
- Developing, implementing and follow-up on new humanitarian projects and programmes
- Liaising with donors and preparing narrative and financial reports
- Liaising with partner organizations in Ukraine and Moldova
- Developing and coordinating general logistic- and communication processes
- Designing and leading training activities for partners in Ukraine and Moldova
- Representing the humanitarian engagements of ChildFund Deutschland in Germany and international work clusters (focus: cash, education, nutrition)
- At least three years of proven work experience in international humanitarian projects, ideally in Eastern Europe
- Native speaker level in English and German. Knowledge of Russian or Ukrainian language is an asset
- A good understanding of civic and humanitarian context as well as the political developments of Eastern Partnership countries
- Proven work experience in raising public funds (e.g. German Foreign Office, ECHO, UNHCR), strategic project planning and implementation as well as experience in financial reporting and budgeting
- Intercultural competencies, personal commitment, result orientation as well as very good verbal, communicative and team work skills
- Readiness to travel in the countries of operation
- Motivation to perform in an international team
The duration of this engagement is 6 months. Contract extension will be aimed for.
This position will be based at the Berlin office of ChildFund Deutschland Eastern Partnership Unit. The Unit is already active in providing humanitarian aid in the targeted countries.
The successful candidate will be remunerated appropriately. ChildFund Deutschland is offering a versatile work environment, space for personal initiative as well as insights in the work of an established development organization.
Prospective applicants are invited to apply per e-mail as soon as possible. The application should entail information on the expected salary and the earliest possible entry date. Complete and convincing applications should be sent to: [email protected] Your contact person is Mr. Joern Ziegler, CEO.
Only digital applications will be considered.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.