Caritas Czech Republic (CCR)
II. Organizational context
Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit organization that operates abroad, in the context of humanitarian aid and development cooperation. It is a respected member of the international network Caritas Internationalis. Its foreign activities focus on the health and social sectors and also on developing livelihood for the local population and education of children and adults.
CCR is looking for a to support and assume responsibility for, the daily technical planning and providing training to Hygiene promoter. implantation, supervision, and monitoring of hygiene promotion awareness by using Participatory of hygiene and sanitation transformation PHAST approach through hygiene promoter
- Work towards the achievement of overall goals through effective supervision of hygiene related activities and lateral relations and teamwork.
- Planning, monitoring and supervision of hygiene promoter and community hygiene volunteers’ activities, to ensure the quality of implementation.
- Ensure appropriate community involvement and delivery of essential hygiene services and facilities.
- Ensure proper coordination with community and local authorities and positive acceptance of CCR in the area.
- Capacity building of hygiene promoters and community hygiene volunteers,
- Monitoring the hygiene promotion activities to ensure the quality of deliverable activities.
- Objective 1: Need Assessment
- Participate in the initial need assessment at target communities’ level: carry out personal interview at household level, facilitation of focus group discussions, visits to sites and infrastructures, and meeting with key members of community.
- Objective 2: Project implementation
- Implementation of hygiene promotion activities by using PHAST approach.
- Provide technical support to community hygiene volunteers and developing a culture sensitive IEC material for Hygiene Promotion activities.
- Mapping targeted area, to achieve a targeted beneficiary.
- Prepare a plan for hygiene promotion activities and participate activities alongside hygiene promoter and community hygiene volunteers in the targeted community.
- Identify, train and follow-up of activities of community hygiene promotion volunteers.
- Provide Training of Trainers on hygiene promotion to WASH committee members and hygiene promotion staff.
- Provide support to WASH community member on planning and providing training.
- Setting up of children hygiene clubs and hygiene promotion in schools.
- Supporting WASH team on organizing and supervision of cleaning campaign.
- Develop and communicate techniques for households on environmental, food, water hygiene in the target communities.
- Ensure that the various aspects of the hygiene activities are integrated with Gender, Protection and Health.
- Spending time in the field to ensure quality and impact of hygiene interventions in the field.
- Ensure the commemoration of different social marketing events such as World Water Day, World Toilet Day and Global Hand Washing Day, etc.
- Ensure that the hygiene promotion activities are designed based on the quality standards established by CCR through quality checklists.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the Project coordinator.
- With support of Project coordinator, liaise with administration and logistics to ensure payments of community hygiene volunteers are done on time.
- Objective 3: Develop plans for the hygiene promotion activity.
- In close collaboration with Project coordinator, design a detailed implementation work plan and procurement plan to achieve the projects on time and on budget.
- Evaluate the status of the projects and propose the subsequent steps to achieve the projects objectives
- Objective 4: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Daily monitoring and recording of field activities related to hygiene promotion.
- Track the project planned activity progress daily.
- Assist the MEAL department in base line and end line surveys and make sure that project lesson learnt are documented for future note.
- Objective 5: Report
- Weekly (or each time when necessary) written and oral report to line manager.
- Participate actively in terms of collecting required data to donors reports and proposals.
- Objective 6: Integration and external coordination
- To participate to the hygiene working groups in area of intervention.
- To improve the collaboration with the technical departments of the governmental service lined to CCR water, sanitation and hygiene programs
- Participate in sector integrated coordination and networking forums related to hygiene at field level.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Technical diploma/bachelor’s in public health, environmental, nursing, education or similar;
- Professional experience of 1 years minimum, among which 1 in a field related to public health, hygiene promotion.
- preferable, the candidate has received PHAST training.
- Arabic, English
- Ability to capitalize on experience and information available within the organization
- Very good coordination (external and internal) skills
- Excellent inter – personal, communications and representative skills (written, oral, cross – cultural)
- Ability to take initiative where appropriate to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt, change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization.
- Ability to live and work within a team and respect the rules of collective living.
- Ability to deal with relations with local authorities as a representative of CCR.
- Previous humanitarian experience – Significant experience in water, sanitation and Hygiene.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates may send their applications to the e-mail address [email protected]
The application must include a 1-page cover letter and a maximum 2-page CV.
The applications should be submitted the latest by 8 November 2021
As the subject of e-mail please insert exactly “Hygiene Promotion Team Leader-Daquq”
Attachments must be named as following:
Last name of applicant_ name_ name of position_CV
Last name of applicant_ name_name of position_Cover letter
NOTICE: Due to the urgency of the position, CCR reserves the right of starting the interviews with selected candidates before the closing date.
Only applications labelled correctly will be accepted for consideration. Only candidates selected to the next round will receive response from the representative of CCR. The selection procedure may be changed or cancelled anytime.
Note: This TOR was established on the basis of non-discriminatory principles in terms of sex, age, religion, ethnicity, race and disability
- Local candidates are motivated to apply and given preference
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.