UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential to the benefit of a better world.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope
Sudan, surrounded by the Central African Republic, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Libya and South Sudan, positioned next to East, West, South and North Africa, is surrounded by complex conflicts in an unpredictable, volatile and rapidly evolving region. Sudan is by size the third biggest country in Africa, with a diverse population of around 42 million people. Sudan’s children make up half of the total population, and the past two decades have seen their lives significantly improve: fewer girls and boys are dying before their fifth birthday, primary school attendance is increasing, immunization coverage is high and the country remains polio free. Still, millions of children continue to suffer from protracted conflict in Darfur, the Kordofan’s, and Blue Nile, from seasonal natural disasters, malnutrition and disease outbreaks, and from under-investment in basic social services. More than three million of Sudan’s school aged children are not in the classroom. UNICEF has been in Sudan since 1952 and continues with a presence in 12 of Sudan’s 18 states.
How can you make a difference?
ICT Associate is to provide ICT support for users in all locations across the country, ensuring that effective and efficient solutions are provided to all incidents and queries on ICT operations.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES and DUTIES & TASKS
Within the delegated authority and under the given organizational set-up, the incumbent may be assigned the primary, shared, or contributory accountabilities for all or part of the following areas of major duties and key end-results.
General ICT / Office Support:
ICT Associate at this level perform a full range of procedural activities in support of ICT to ensure effective communications with client departments/divisions/offices and efficient provision of support to other ICT staff.
- Providing first-level support that includes receiving, processing and logging service requests.
- Managing lifecycle of ICT incidents assigned to him/her in service management tool.
- Providing support in conferencing with ICT and audiovisual equipment as and when requested.
- Creating and assigning work orders.
- Maintaining and updating files (electronic and paper) and internal databases.
- Maintaining ICT inventory, manuals and other documentation. This may require the incumbent to lift, move, mount, or store equipment.
- Conducts routine monitoring of the WAN to ensure its continued network services
Minimal ICT Administration:
ICT Associate is accountable for specialized support pertaining to routine ICT activities requiring thorough understanding and application of server, operating system, hardware and software documentation and functionality.
- Installing/upgrading, configuring (routine, standard) and maintaining systems, tools and equipment.
- Assisting in routine operation and monitoring of server systems.
- Providing second-level user support/troubleshooting.
- Extracting data from databases to serve the needs and requests of users, diagnosing errors and correcting as necessary.
- Performing backups of servers following standard backup procedures.
- Assisting in the generation of computer reports.
- Providing on-the-job orientation for users in the use of ICT systems.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the supervisor
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have¦
- Completion of Secondary education is required, (supplemented by university is an asset) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunications, Engineering.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate , CCNA or equivalent customer support certification is an asset.
- A minimum of six years of practical work experience in information technology, requiring systematic methods of troubleshooting and problem solving is required.
- Experience in providing assistance to users on IT products and services and use of applications and diagnostic tools is required.
- Practical experience in providing technical and business Customer Support and Services is required.
- Practical experience and working knowledge of various computer platforms and applications is required.
- Work experience in emergencies.
- Fluency in English and Arabic
For every Child, you demonstrate¦
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
- Analyzing (2)
- Learning and Researching (2)
- Planning and organizing (2)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (2)
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds, irrespective of gender, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
** Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
** Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
UNICEF DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). UNICEF DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.