GCF: Green Climate Fund
IT Service Management (ITSM) for intelligently addressing the rapidly growing tech-enabled demands of our organization. Respective work will include the introduction of new guidelines, procedures, processes, and associated tools. The introduction of many new business systems and services will further on require negotiation and upkeep of a variety of SLAs facing SaaS solution providers, outsourced service providers, and GCF’s user base.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Consultant will be responsible for but not limited to:
Under the guidance of the ICT Infrastructure and Management Services Specialist, the consultant will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Providing input and coordinating other inputs across the ICT Department for ITSM documents.
- Driving the efficiency and effectiveness of the event/incident/problem/change management processes.
- Monitoring of high priority “major” incidents & service requests, ensuring timely resolution of tickets compliant with SLA targets. Interference for cases with their handling at risk.
- Producing ICT analysis & executive management information in accordance with best practices and industry standards (i.e., ITIL, DevOps, ISO 20000, COBIT 2019).
- Coordinating service transition activities across projects, suppliers, and service teams.
- Designing & suggesting measurement methods and metrics to support the continual improvement of service provision and all supporting processes.
- Recommending proactive, innovative IT solutions for the improvement of IT design and operation whenever and wherever possible.
- Actively manage, plan, prioritize, and follow-up on all phases of enhancements, implementation work, and change requests ensuring that technical personnel efforts are focused on business priorities.
- Providing advice and guidance to all sub-teams of ICT in relation to ITSM.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to provide support and advice to Service Desk operations.
- Collaborating with technical support/design teams to set a security posture, aligned with the latest trends and techniques. Providing advice while identifying and addressing potential threats, attacks, and vulnerabilities (i.e., Security+, SSCP, ISO 17024).
- Reviewing the operation and performance of the Service Desk team and aligning the IT Operations processes & projects to the overall IT Strategies.
- Acting as Project Manager and coordinator for critical projects/events/services related to ICT operations in accordance with project management frameworks (i.e. PMP, PRINCE 2).
- Building strong relationships with teams and stakeholders to enable effective dialogue exchange between departments.
- Additional tasks as assigned by the ICT Infrastructure and Operations Management Specialist.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Master’s degree, ideally in project management, business administration, information technology, or a related subject;
- Ability to communicate at ease with technical and business audiences;
- At least 7 years of general experience, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a corporate ICT field and/or industry, ideally handling end-user requests and support;
- Demonstrated ability of providing user training on IT topics and creating documentation for IT users;
- Knowledge in IT service management methodologies (e.g., ITIL, ISO 20000), preferably evidenced by a certification (minimum ITIL Foundation v3, and ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation);
- Knowledge in effective governance and management of enterprise information and technology, preferably evidenced by a certification (minimum COBIT 2019 Foundation);
- Knowledge and skills necessary to perform any security analysis functions required, preferably evidenced by a certification (CompTIA Security+);
- Knowledge in Project Management methodologies, preferably evidenced by a certification (minimum PMP);
- Knowledge in Agile methodologies, preferably evidenced by a certification (minimum DevOps Foundations, SCRUM Master);
- Professional work experience within an international organisation, dealing and personally interacting with diverse cultures a distinct advantage; and,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position; knowledge of another UN language an advantage.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com you saw this job posting.