NRC: Norwegian Refugee Council
We are looking for people who are passionate about helping refugees and people forced to flee.
If you are those people, the Norwegian Refugee Council in Nigeria is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate ICT Assistant to join our ICT Team in Maiduguri, Borno State. The purpose of the ICT Assistant position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of ICT (Information, Communication, and Technology) functions responsibilities at the Country level and other possible travel to another Area field office for support.
To be successful in this role you will be a tech-savvy, IT professional, a confident communicator with excellent relationship-building skills, and capable of establishing strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels while supporting new initiatives and learning projects across the country.
If you are a highly organized individual, and have previous experience in ICT support & management, we would love to hear from you!
- Responsible of providing first-level support to NRC staff, including but not limited to network, printers, computers software, and hardware troubleshooting.
- Ensures effective help desk coordination of all NRC Staff tickets in the country, and proper assigning to respective Area Office of ICT officers.
- Assist in the rollout of new software or hardware to all devices.
- Maintain service contracts for phone networks, and asset registers for communications equipment, in coordination with the User support need.
- Conduct awareness sessions and ICT training are when needed.
We are looking for
- Proven record of accomplishment of professional experience in providing ICT Support & management
- Confident communicator with the ability to build and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders at all levels, and challenge with humility when necessary
- Intuitive and empathetic, able to relate to others and build report
- Highly organized, capable of operating within multiple reporting lines and managing multiple priorities successfully
- Experience in working within a team, meeting workload requirements, and being as effective through delivery as possible.
What’s in it for you?
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and to join a work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility:
At NRC we think creatively. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
Learn on the job:NRC’s collaborative working style favors the exchange of good practice and lessons learned. At NRC, employees learn on the job and are encouraged to look for opportunities to develop new competencies. NRC managers prioritize the quality work and the competency development of their staff. This entails giving newcomers a good start, following up, training, and mentoring employees to allow them to perform well in their current job, offering learning and development programmes.
Additional Information:Duty Station: Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria – Duration of contract: 7 months renewable. Grade 4 in NRC’s grading structure – Reporting line: ICT Coordinator
This position is open to National candidates only. We invite applications from all qualified and interested candidates. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com you saw this internship posting.