IMA-Europe – Industrial Minerals Association
Job profile and responsibilities:
IMA-Europe is searching for a Sustainability Adviser. We are looking for a proactive, solution-oriented graduate with scientific skills to join our team in Brussels to start as soon as possible on a full-time basis. As a Sustainability Adviser, you’ll manage and advise the members on sustainability policies and related issues relevant to the industrial minerals industry.
Essential job functions:
- Analysing regulations, drafting position papers, technical files and meeting reports;
- Coordinating IMA-Europe’s positions and advocacy with members and relevant stakeholders;
- Coordinating projects and the development/update of Life Cycle Inventory Projects (LCI) and Environmental Product Declaration (EPD);
- Managing and fostering relations with EU institutions, NGOs, institutes and scientific and industry experts.
Qualifications and requirements:
- A university degree preferably in Environmental Studies, Economics, Engineering;
- At least 1-3 years of experience in advocacy;
- Interest in EU initiatives, legislation and regulatory processes;
- Rigorous, efficient and with excellent analytical, drafting, and organisational skills;
- Proficiency in English. Another EU language is an asset;
- Based in or around Brussels and able to work in Belgium;
- Positive and proactive attitude, flexible and adaptable to a fast-evolving environment, team player, sense of humour.
What we offer
- A full-time position with a competitive salary package and benefits;
- Continuous internal and external training;
- A challenging job within a dynamic, motivated and international team;
- First-hand experience and direct interaction with industry experts and decision-makers.
Who are we?
IMA-Europe is a trade association in Brussels, representing the European industrial minerals producers. Our field of activity focuses on all non-commercial issues related to minerals, from their extraction and processing through to their whole life cycle. Priorities revolve around health and safety at the workplace, environmental protection, product safety, and public awareness about the importance of industrial minerals. The association ensures that the sector benefits from sharing information and promotes the exchange of good practices. See www.ima-europe.eu.
How to apply?
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter in English explaining why they would be a good fit for this position by no later than 12 November (early applications welcome) to [email protected] with the subject line “SUSTAINABILITY ADVISER: your name”. The first round of interviews will take place shortly after the application deadline. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Don’t forget to mention unjobvacancies.com when applying.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.