Action for Humanity
Here at Action For Humanity we have an exciting opportunity for an Income Generation Coordinator to join our team based in Salford, Greater Manchester. You will join us on a full-time basis as part of an initial 1-year fixed term contract with a view to progressing into a permanent role. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £26k – £27k per annum.
Action For Humanity is a charity that aims to provide aid and assistance to people affected by natural and man-made disasters. Our vision is a world of crises-resilient communities. Our mission is to mobilise and respond to emergencies and critical needs through humanitarian, development and peace-building action, helping affected communities survive, recover and build a better future.
As our Income Generation Coordinator, the successful candidate will fulfil a crucial role within Action For Humanity’s fundraising team. The purpose of this role is to establish and maintain new and existing working relationships between Action for Humanity and donors, working alongside the fundraising department. This will be achieved by monitoring donation data from third-party platforms (JustGiving, etc.), and liaising with donors to provide timely feedback regarding their contributions. This role will also involve fundraising, acting as an immediate point of contact and support for the fundraising team, and individuals on deployment missions.
The ideal candidate for this role should have strong fundraising skills, numerical skills, be an effective communicator, and passionate about making a difference!
Key responsibilities of the Income Generation Coordinator:
- Supporting the whole fundraising team with income tracking, reconciliation, and providing feedback to donors
- Assisting with Event & Events planning
- Completing travel and accommodation bookings, & tracking expenditure
- Assisting with arranging deployments, including arranging Insurance
- Assisting with Cash handling & logging income correctly
- Assisting with writing Reports for the department for internal and external stakeholders
- Researching donor trends and new fundraising initiatives
- Ensuring Compliance, and acting as the focal point for Audit and Risk
- Updating Policies & Procedures
- Raising funds through a range of platforms
- Other General Admin Support
Benefits of joining us as our Income Generation Coordinator include:
- Company Holidays
- Sick Pay, and Matched Pension Contributions
- Flexible working hours, Prayer and Parking facilities
- Support with continuous professional development
- A chance to work alongside visionaries and leaders from the charity sector
- Fun teambuilding away days!
What we’re looking for in our Income Generation Coordinator:
- Experience in the charity sector as a volunteer or staff member
- Experience of fundraising or working with fundraisers.
- Strong numerical skills
- Driving licence
- MS Office
- Strong written and spoken English essential
This would be an ideal role for an experienced Volunteer or Fundraiser looking to make a difference in a rewarding role within the Charity Sector! We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so for the best chance of success please apply today – we would love to hear from you.
How to apply
Please email your CV to [email protected] and complete the following survey to help us with monitoring our diversity and inclusion:
- Believe in the cause – We believe in changing a situation from negative to lasting positive; helping those in need; saving and transforming lives for the better is what drives us.
- Work together – Teamwork is the backbone of our work’s success.
- Give with grit – Being a “gritty” person means perseverance and passion for long-term goals; hence, freely giving with courage, conscientiousness, and resilience; acting with optimism, confidence, and creativity as you strive for excellence.
- Make life better – Ultimately, our work is to make life, in its holistic sense, better for everyone, and everything, including the environment.
Our culture is fast paced, yet welcoming, collaborative, and compassionate. As a charity concentrating on international development, we’re focused on ensuring our employees have a great experience with us, and are always learning, developing, and gaining a deeper understanding of the programmes we do, and why we do them.
Our work environment is friendly, open, and transparent – we’re not hierarchical, and junior and senior staff work closely together, aiding in the professional development of all staff.
Our Commitment to Safeguarding
Action For Humanity is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Action For Humanity engages.
Action For Humanity expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Action For Humanity also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme: https://www.schr.info/the-misconduct-disclosure-scheme
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.