UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, education.
UNICEF started operation in Cambodia in 1952 and opened first country office in 1973 in Phnom Penh. More information on what we do in Cambodia is available at https://www.unicef.org/cambodia/.
How can you make a difference?
The purpose of this consultancy is to formulate the Social Services Implementation Manual for Urban Setting (SSIMU) to suit urban context.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in social sciences, economics, public policy, urban planning, urban development, international development, and other related fields.
- At least 3 years or more professional experience in strategic planning, governance, programme or project management, policy advocacy. Experience in similar assignment, urban development/studies is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in working on national policies and social policies related to children and women. Knowledge of sub-national planning and budgeting processes.
- Experience in working on child rights is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills with experience in facilitating training or workshops.
- Demonstrated experience in equity focus, with gender sensitivity.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment, with high command of English is an asset.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong technical expertise in research, data management, or management of development programme in social sector (data collection and analysis, planning, budgeting, M&E, especially related to child right
- Excellent coordination and facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of the functioning of sub-national structures.
- Good knowledge of ICT or digitalized data management is an added asset.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work across societal divides and hierarchies (working with people)
- Ability to work under pressure and/or tight deadlines (drive for results)
- Native in Khmer with high command of English.
Please find the details term of reference for this assignment TOR SSIM Urban Setting for TMS.pdf
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and those in our competency framework, available here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.