World Health Organization, Georgetown, Guyana
Description Of Duties:
Under the general supervision of the Director, Information Technology Services (ITS), and the direct supervision of the PAHO/WHO Representative (PWR), the incumbent is responsible for, but not necessarily limited to, the following assigned duties:
- Manage the Representation’s information systems, IT infrastructure and telecommunications operations, in accordance with the Organization’s rules, regulations, policies, standards, procedures and practices;
- Provide Tier 1 IT support to the Office’s day-to-day operations at a consistent level of customer service;
- Administer the Local Area Network (LAN) administrative services, telephony and internet services. Coordinate, supervise and verify the optimal performance of the Internet links of the Office. Support the implementation and utilization of cloud-based services (SaaS);
- Provide technical support to digital collaboration platforms and activities in the Office such as virtual meetings, MS Teams, OneDrive and others;
- Provide on-going support on an as-needed basis to the implementation and operations of the PAHO Management Information System (PMIS) and other corporate applications;
- Provide technical support to data analytics and business intelligence developments and assist with the adoption and training of Country Office users on the new tools;
- Contribute to Office business continuity plans by implementing IT service continuity measures and appropriate internal controls; ensure that all infrastructure connected to the network are in a physically secure location; follow ITS best practice backup plans for data and information;
- Manage the implementation, maintenance and enhancement of all IT security measures as per ITS and Information Security Policy requirements, procedures recommendations and practices. Provide proper access to the Organization’s resources according to the established access and security guidelines. Report all critical security incidents promptly to the Director, ITS and the Information Security Officer at HQ and coordinate incident response actions with the Information Security and the Operations & Infrastructure teams;
- Coordinate and/or support entity Knowledge Management activities; provide technical support for the creation and maintenance of the Virtual Health Library if applicable; act as focal point for the Office Internet and Intranet websites;
- Manage IT assess and licenses being used at the Office. Keep the IT asset inventory for the Country Office in PMIS up to date. Ensure that all software being used on the Organization’s computers is supported by a current license held by ITS or locally by the Representation;
- Ensure that any projects/activities initiated at the Country Office level with an IT component are properly evaluated by PAHO IT Governance process and that the Enterprise Architecture and Information Security policies and standards are adopted by all IT projects;
- Assume the Project Manager role for all Information Technology (IT) projects in the Representation ensuring technical best practices and compliance with the Organization policies and procedures;
- Conduct analysis of organizational processes and suggest changes supported by IT; drive process improvements as applicable;
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Essential: Certificate of completion of high school. Formal training in information systems, networking, technology infrastructure and IT services, and software development.
Desirable: Advanced training related to information systems analysis, data processing and software development is desirable. A bachelor’s degree in information science, computer science, engineering or other related field from an accredited university would be an asset.
Essential: Six years of experience in the application of information processing/networking techniques with a focus on business process analysis and project management, or four years of experience in implementation and management of information systems and networking functions, and one year of college or university level courses towards a declared major/minor in the area of computer science/information systems or related field.
- Very good knowledge of English. Knowledge of Spanish and/or French would be an asset.
14th May, 2022
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.