U.S. Coast Guard
This position is located at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Deputy Commandant for Operations (CG-DCO), Assistant Commandant for Intelligence, Intelligence Coordination Center (ICC), Analysis Division, Threats Branch, Suitland, MD.
You will conduct research, analysis, and liaison work with other intelligence and law enforcement agencies to produce strategic finished intelligence products on topics of relevance to the CG.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Receiving large volumes of information and devising methods of screening, synthesizing, and translating it into strategically relevant intelligence.
- Initiating contacts with other senior intelligence analysts and law enforcement personnel, and experts in specialty fields to ascertain reliability of information.
- Evaluating the validity, accuracy, and reliability of information from a wide variety of sources to assess the importance to foreign policy and CG operational and decision making interests in a broad assignment area.
- Planning, developing, organizing, and conducting special research studies providing comprehensive assessments of broad, exceptionally complex, or highly sensitive issues.
- Preparing a wide range of analytic products to clearly, concisely, and coherently characterize the policy significance and implications if the issues and developments.
- Conducting liaisons with other intelligence agencies to coordinate information acquisition activities, to participate in cooperative endeavors, to provide assistance in developing community intelligence reports, or to provide guidance, assistance or intelligence support on a variety of current operations and missions.
Occasional travel – Some travel may be required within/outside of the U.S.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Must complete a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
- A non-disclosure must be signed.
- This position is subject to polygraph testing.
- This is a drug testing designated position.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
GS-13 level: Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 grade level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience includes: Initiating contacts with other senior intelligence analyst and law enforcement personnel to validate and ascertain reliability of information; Conducting special intelligence research studies; Preparing contributions to interagency intelligence assessments; and conducting liaison with counterparts in other intelligence agencies to coordinate information activities.
Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular ability, skill, and knowledge to successfully perform the duties of this position and is typically in or related to this line of work.
National Service Experience (i.e., volunteer experience): Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
The Office of Personnel management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule, C, Non-career SES or Presidential Appointee employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information to the Human Resources Office.
This position does not have a positive education requirement.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on unjobvacancies.com
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.