Organization: IUCN - International Union for Conservation of Nature, Asia and Oceania
Intern – Programme Support Officer – IUCN Viet Nam Country Office
This internship aims to offer students undergoing graduate or post-graduate studies and recent graduates a meaningful work experience by supplementing their learning through a practical and on-the-job training approach. In doing so, the intern’s knowledge is supplemented through a practical learning experience while IUCN derives some level of advantage from the young professional’s services as well as the possibility of gaining new perspectives from the intern.
The Intern will work closely with and be supervised by the Marine and Coastal Program Coordinator in HCMC and Senior Communications Officer in Hanoi, depending on the office base. The Intern will support the implementation of IUCN Vietnam’s program and will have the opportunity to work in all aspects of project implementation and communications. The Intern will work in the field or office to carry out their responsibilities as needed or requested.
Duration: June – Dec 2022
Project implementation support:
The Intern will support the Programme Coordination and Support Unit team in providing integrated services to IUCN Viet Nam in maintaining programme quality standards and programme quality initiatives as assigned. The Intern will provide support the IUCN team to implement ongoing projects including community based sea turtle protection and conservation program, various projects in the Mekong Delta, plastic waste pollution related projects and Viet Nam Business for Environment (VB4E). The tasks include:
1. Implementing various project activities in IUCN Viet Nam as required;
2. Carrying out preliminary desk analysis that involves reviewing project progress when required;
3. Learning opportunity in the development of the business engagements efforts and support business engagement activities;
4. Assisting in meeting/workshop materials preparation, providing translation/interpretation upon requested;
5. Provide communications support to document project highlights and promote the work of IUCN Vietnam (Videography, photography, social media, story write-ups, publications, translations and interpretation, etc).
6. Perform other functions, as may be appropriate under the conditions of the internship.
EXPECTED OUTCOMES and DELIVERABLES:
• Project activities implemented as required by supervisor;
• IUCN Vietnam’s activities through multimedia platforms are promoted;
• Short articles and web stories prepared;
• Communication materials for each project produced;
• Relevant workshops and meetings supported and reports prepared.
GUIDANCE AND MENTORING:
The selected candidate will undergo a general orientation training on:
• Different programmes at IUCN Viet Nam;
• Institutional functions of the Secretariat in Viet Nam office;
• Policies and standards for external stakeholder engagement; and
• Communications style guide, branding and quality-assurance checks.
In performing the assigned duties, the intern will have the opportunity to interact with key units and teams at Viet Nam office and regional office (if required). Overall he/she will learn communication skills, methods and tools to influence decision-making and work with key stakeholders in nature conservation for sustainable development.
REPORTING, SUPERVISION AND PERFORMANCE EVALUATION:
• The Intern will report to and be supervised by the Marine and Coastal Program Coordinator in HCMC and Senior Communications Officer in Hanoi depending on their office base;
• The Intern’s performance will be evaluated by the Marine and Coastal Program Coordinator in HCMC or Senior Communications Officer in Hanoi.
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the “Apply” button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/
IUCN is a membership Union uniquely composed of both government and civil society organisations. It provides public, private and non-governmental organisations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Created in 1948, IUCN is now the world’s largest and most diverse environmental network, harnessing the knowledge, resources and reach of more than 1,300 Member organisations and some 10,000 experts. It is a leading provider of conservation data, assessments and analysis. Its broad membership enables IUCN to fill the role of incubator and trusted repository of best practices, tools and international standards.
IUCN provides a neutral space in which diverse stakeholders including governments, NGOs, scientists, businesses, local communities, indigenous peoples organisations and others can work together to forge and implement solutions to environmental challenges and achieve sustainable development.
Working with many partners and supporters, IUCN implements a large and diverse portfolio of conservation projects worldwide. Combining the latest science with the traditional knowledge of local communities, these projects work to reverse habitat loss, restore ecosystems and improve people’s well-being.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.