The ASEAN Regional Mine Action Center (ARMAC) was established by the ASEAN leaders during the 21st ASEAN Summit in Phnom Penh in 2012. The Permanent Secretariat (PS) of ARMAC is based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. ARMAC which is guided by the ASEAN Charter and ASEAN Political Security Blueprint 2025, aims to serve as a Center of Excellence in mine action/ERW with the following mandate and functions:
1.Enhance awareness programs on the dangers of ERW among affected communities;
2.Facilitate appropriate medical and rehabilitation assistance for victims of ERW, upon request from the affected ASEAN Member States; and
3.Assist interested ASEAN Member States in research and knowledge sharing on the effects of ERW and efforts to address them, including through writing proposals for technical assistance projects and funding, at their specific and individual request.
ARMAC has received the funding support from the Government of the Republic of Korea through ASEAN-Korea Cooperation Fund (AKCF), to implement the project “Enhance Victim Assistance Programmes in the ASEAN Member States”. Now, ARMAC is inviting Korean students and/or fresh graduates to apply for the Project Support Intern
Location : The Permanent Secretariat of ARMAC, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Report to : Project Manager
Contract period : 6-month with possible extension
Job Purpose : To assist the Project Manager, Project Officer and ARMAC Permanent Secretariat in project implementation, monitoring and reporting in line with the approved project proposal. Stipends: The successful intern will be offered stipends including monthly allowance, airfare (from South Korea to/from Cambodia), and accommodation allowance.
Project Objective 1: To promote the establishment of victim assistance network as a regional platform for various stakeholders among ASEAN
- Support Project Officer in providing logistic and other administrative arrangements for consultative meetings;
- Support Project Officer in providing logistic and other administrative arrangements for inception meeting and regional workshop;
- Support the Project Officer and Project Manager in developing documentary video capturing the voices of victims and context of mine/ERW impact in each affected AMS; and
- Assist the Project Manager and Project Officer in developing TOR of regional victim assistance network
Project Objective 2: To assist the ASEAN Member States (AMS) on the victim-assistance-related knowledge sharing, need/s and resource/s assessment and possibility of its mobilization.
- Support Project Officer in providing logistic and other administrative arrangements for inception meetings and regional workshops;
- Assist the Project Officer and Project Manager to produce an overview of victim assistance and regional victim assistance network in ASEAN;
- Assist the Project Officer and the Project Manager to organize Expo of Victim Assistance Providers alongside with the second workshop; and
- Assist the Project Officer and the Project Manager to produce a package of VA country profile sheets and Guideline to Enhance VA.
Project Objective 3: To assess the needs of the victims of mine/ERW in the affected AMS for further assistance
How to apply
Interested applicants can download the detailed Position Description (PD) from the ARMAC’s website or request from, and send the application indicating the applied position together with a detailed curriculum vitae, 500-words of motivation letter, university letter of enrolment OR graduation certificate , copy of passport with a recent photograph and a medical certificate of good health (upon acceptance)to the following address or email address:
ASEAN Regional Mine Action Center (ARMAC) #29, Street 115, Sangkat Veal Vong, Khan 7 Makara, Phnom Penh, Cambodia; Email: [email protected] To learn more about ARMAC please visit our website: http://aseanmineaction.org Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for further interview.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.