Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE),a women-led, faith-based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) is seeking job applications from qualified candidates to fill in the position of Internal Audit & Compliance Officer.
WEWE’s core ideology is to be one of the most financially compliant and clean NGOs in Nigeria and Africa and we want to improve the lives of millions of widows and orphans in Nigeria and Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit & Compliance Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- WEWE is currently implementing a USAID-funded project and a US CDC funded project and we are looking for talented, gifted and intelligent individuals that are God fearing.
- This position is being recruited strictly on merit, we do not have an already existing candidate, and we are sincerely looking for the best candidate that can add value to our finance team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out pre and post review of all financial expenditures.
- Review monthly certified expenditure reports to ensure correctness.
- Carry out internal control self-assessment on assigned agents.
- Ensure compliance with donor’s cost principles.
- Ensure full compliance with donor’s financial rules and regulations.
- Ensure strict adherence with WEWE’s internal policies, procedures and practices.
- Ensure project activities’ adherence to Nigerian fiscal, tax and related rules and regulations.
- Perform monthly review and evaluation of financial records/reports and bank reconciliation statement.
- Ensure project assets are safeguarded.
- Regularly review and ensure that inventory records are updated, complete, and accurate.
- Assist the organization in carrying out risk identification and exposures; and timely report to the appropriate authority with recommending improvements.
- Timely investigate all cases of fraudulent practices and missing assets.
- Ensure withholding tax is remitted timely within the specified days after deduction.
- Ensure Project Staff PAYE Tax is remitted to the relevant tax authority within the specified period monthly.
- Ensure monthly remittance of Staff Pension benefit to the relevant pension managers by the Organization.
- Maintains internal audit/compliance register detailing auditing investigations and recommendations
- Prepare period reports of audit activities in line with WEWE’s processes and procedures
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting
- Must possess a second class upper/Upper credit
- Candidates with ICAN or ACCA qualification or its equivalent is preferred
- Thorough understanding of program management, donor reporting requirements and managing donor relations.
- Knowledge of US CDC funding or USAID funded is an added advantage
- Experience working with international NGOs, local civil society organizations, government, bilateral and multilateral donors in a multi-cultural, politically sensitive environment is an advantage.
- The successful candidate will be based in Abuja
Application Closing Date
19th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word or PDF document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected]
Important Information and Notice
- Please indicate the title of the position applied for in the subject line of the email. Applicants should provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on their CV as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.Applications will be reviewed on a first-come-first-served basis. WEWE reserves the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected. While WEWE thanks all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.