UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, resilience.
Working for UNICEF
UNICEF in Afghanistan
How can you make a difference?
To support the polio eradication efforts in Afghanistan by contributing to communication research, communication strategies, social mobilization and community engagement interventions management, partnerships management, and reporting.
Support strategy design and development of community engagement activities
- Review and implement the planned community engagement activities
- Lead the planning process of the annual reviews and organization planning
- Coordinating with the regions to establish new community initiatives
- Work with the Team to review and develop a training package for the SBC Polio Activities
- Coordinate the establishment of Radio Listening Club and Gamification
- Coordinate and support the polio campaigns planning, implementation and review
- Coordinate the workshop based on the Section Strategy
Support technical and operational management of the polio community engagement and social mobilization initiatives
- Work with the team to ensure the LTA and payment process are delivered on time
- Work with the operations team to ensure timely procurement of the supplies to streamline polio vaccine acceptance
- Support financial management and reporting and provide technical inputs for the donor reports and proposal.
Support timely monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the community engagement interventions
- Support social data collections and ensure the month report production
- Work closely with the M&E team to develop the tools for tracking the effectiveness of conducted interventions
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required ( Social and Behavioral Science, Communication, Public Relations or another relevant field
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: communication for development, community engagement, social science, public relations, communication, advocacy.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.