iMMAP is an international not-for-profit non-governmental organization (NGO) that provides targeted information management support to partners responding to complex humanitarian and development challenges. For more than 15 years, we have promoted measurable change in people’s lives through our core philosophy: better data leads to better decisions and, ultimately, better outcomes. Our expertise in data collection, analysis and presentation has revolutionized the decision-making process for our diverse, multi-sector partners who seek enhanced coordination and sustainable solutions through information management.
Overall purpose of the role:
The food security and livelihood unit – FSL Unit undertakes regular food security surveys, food price monitoring activities, rapid assessments, and mapping services to inform the humanitarian partners with updated food security information including economic and price data. These helps both programmatic decisions and advocacy efforts. To support the entire process from design of data collection to data analysis and reporting, the FSL Unit for iMMAP Jordan office is recruiting a Food Security Analyst to support research, analysis and reporting of food security and market studies.
Expected employment duration of 12 months, with possibility of extension depending on performance and funding availability.
Description of Duties
· Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of quantitative and qualitative market and food security studies.
· Provide technical support on economic and statistical analysis methods.
· Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports
· Provide technical support to work related to analysis of value chains and market systems:
· Assist in developing monitoring plans to regularly track changes in key market systems profiles and how these impacts the livelihoods of affected populations.
· Assist in the development of capacity building material and capacity building events.
· Assist in providing ad-hoc analysis and review of analysis text that are related to iMMAP products.
· Assist in quality control of products in terms of messaging and ensuring products are focused to their target audience.
· Provide business development support by assisting through coordination for the writing of technical project proposals and providing technical guidance to the FSL Unit Lead in developing financial proposals.
· Establish personal credibility with the iMMAP team, and contribute to creating an organizational culture of accountability, responsibility and quality of services.
· Share draft study reports and related documents as deliverables of the FS sub-Unit, submit to the iMMAP Jordan FSL Unit Lead
· Provide technical review, validation, and quality control before external disseminations by the FSL Unit Lead
· Timeously appraise/inform the iMMAP Jordan FSL Unit Lead in cases of technical challenges and threats that may arise within the day-to-day technical management of the FS sub-Unit and/or FSL Unit.
· Stand in for the iMMAP Jordan FSL Unit Lead as would be delegated from time to time.
· Perform other duties as required.
· Maintain effective and positive internal contacts with iMMAP country and Global representatives, external contacts with national and local government officials, international non-governmental organizations (NGOs), donor agency officials, vendors, media and the general public.
· Follow iMMAP’s branding regulations required for marketing or branding of all iMMAP products and correspondence.
· Follow security protocols as laid down by the iMMAP Global Security Advisor
· He/she will report directly to the Food Security and Livelihood Unit Lead, work in coordination with and under the indirect supervision by the iMMAP country, and headquarters-based Operations, Administration/Finance and Technical Support units.
Typically, two year or more of postgraduate professional experience in a relevant field of work
At least a BSc degree or MSc degree in Statistics, Economics, Agricultural Economics, Development Economics, Public Health, Nutrition, Food Science or related qualifications with additional years of work experience and training. A PhD degree is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
· Strong quantitative skills are required;
· Experience of working with household survey data is an asset.
· Experience working in a team, involving people of different nationalities and/or cultures.
· Strong skills in both macro and micro economic analysis and preferably in relation to food security
· Statistical analysis (primary and secondary data collection/collation and analysis)
· Proficiency in Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
· Proficiency in a statistical software package is required (Stata, R, SPSS)
· Competencies: Cognitive Capacity, Teamwork, Action Management, Innovation, Partnering, Client Orientation, Advisory Skills, Facilitation and Training
English (fluent) – essential
Arabic (fluent) – added advantage
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
Who we are
What we do
How to apply
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/502
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.