UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up
Advert: TOR/2021-20: Individual Consultancy to facilitate the Staff retreat – 2021 for International professionals, P3 level.
Purpose of assignment & Background
The results of the General Staff Survey 2020 along with internal assessments have identified the following areas of further development for Maldives Country office: personal empowerment, career and professional development and efficiency. The retreat should be designed to allow for team building in the way to ensure space and opportunities for participation, team building and transparent communication in a collegial environment. Moreover, there are new staff onboard and the management along with staff association reached an agreement that these sessions are to be held in 2021.
Considering the above and in order to respond to staff needs UNICEF Maldives is looking for an international consultant to facilitate a staff retreat.
Purpose of assignment:
To facilitate a three-day Staff Retreat from 26th to 28th October 2021, including components of staff development of a way forward for improving team efficiency, offering career and professional development opportunities and with special focus towards enhancing personal empowerment of the staff.
Duty station: Male’ / Maldives
Supervisor: Chair of staff association with support from Operations officer.
Major tasks to be accomplished.
- Conduct consultations with the management, staff association and staff after reviewing the global staff survey and pulse reports and the report from the ‘drill down’ staff retreat day held at end of 2020.
- Prepare engaging and interactive sessions for the staff retreat, with attention to gender and age diversity to ensure an inclusive environment, geared towards team building, development of skills for improving efficiency and improving personal empowerment within the workplace.
- Prepare the agenda for the three-day staff retreat in consultation with the management, staff association and any input from staff.
- Share with the Staff Association and Management for review and feedback
- Finalize the documents and submit to the office, with a plan and methodology for delivering the sessions.
- Deliver the sessions during the staff retreat
- Incorporate team-building sessions into the 2.5 day retreat, which promotes positive interaction and bonding within the team members.
- Submit final report from the retreat including observations and recommendations that will in turn contribute to the office action plan.
Details of deliverables:
Estimated working days
Prepare facilitation Methodology and plan geared towards achieving the objectives of the retreat
Estimated duration of contract and deadline for submission of end-product
The total consultancy is estimated to be around 10 days including the travel to the staff retreat location.
Official travel involved: Travel: 5 days in Maldives
Qualifications or specialized knowledge and/or experience required:
- Advance university degree
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in facilitation and team building with good experience in creating fun and creative activities for engaging with staff coming from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in working with the UN or UNICEF teams in similar assignments is an asset
- Experience in organizing trainings and workshops for different level stakeholders.
- Past record of successful retreat leading to improved work environments.
- Demonstrated experience in gender-sensitive approaches to facilitation
- Ability to work in intensive work environments. Ability to keep to planned timelines.
- An action-oriented approach and strong drive for results.
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Highly skilled at working with teams of diverse backgrounds and capacities
Deadline for applications: 11th October 2021
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.