Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture.
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply;
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
FAO Partnership and Liaison Office in Azerbaijan in partnership with the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Azerbaijan is currently implementing “Support for Structural Reform and Strategic Development of Agrarian Services Agency” project under FAO-Azerbaijan Partnership Programme (FAPP, 2016-2021). The project aims to support structural reform and strategic development of Agrarian Services Agency by enabling strengthening the delivery and effectiveness of the veterinary, crop protection, seed management and technical control services in the country.
The development and restructuring strategy of the Agency will be prepared in coordination with the relevant departments of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry of Turkey (MoAF), including the Directorate of Strategy Development and the Directorate General of Agricultural Reform under the framework of South-South cooperation.
Mr Bariz Mehdiyev, Assistant FAO Representative in Azerbaijan.
In this regard, under the overall supervision of the Assistant to FAO Representative in Azerbaijan (AFAOR), Legal Officer from LEGN Department, the direct and operational supervision of the Program Management Specialist (FAPP), the technical supervision of the Lead Technical Officer (LTO) and responsible FAO Technical Team, International Consultant on Variety Registration and Release will carry out the following activities:
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Evaluate ASA’s services and procedures against their compatibility with UPOV procedures.
- Prepare effective mechanisms for the protection of the rights of farmers involved in development of the new plant varieties
- Assess current level of training and the process of variety evaluation and release.
- Identify capacity-building priorities for each activity, variety evaluation and variety release protocol.
- Prepare teaching material for workshops/trainings on variety evaluation and release process according to international standards in collaboration with the project partners.
- Provide the training for all experts and technicians working in variety evaluation and release.
- Prepare a brief end-of-assignment report summarizing work performed and recommendations for future activities.
- Support the adaptation of rules and procedures of testing and registration of imported selection achievements to international practice.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in agriculture or other related sciences
- At least 5-7 years of experience related to certified seed production, plant variety testing and building in related fields
- High level of responsibility, as well as experience in working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Working knowledge of English
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.