IDB: Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
Furthermore, OII also serves as the Bank’s AML/CFT compliance office, leads (in coordination with the Risk Management Group) the implementation of the IDB’s AML/CFT Framework, and serves as an advisory resource in the management of the IDB Group’s AML/CFT risks.
What you’ll do
- Use broad expertise in leading and conducting preliminary inquiries and full investigations into allegations of prohibited practices involving IDB Group-financed activities.
- Analyze and interpret documents and provide valuable input to resolve complex technical problems in area of expertise.
- Conduct interviews or other inquiries of witnesses and suspected individuals, gather and review documents to include financial records, procure documents and database searches, and analyze relevant information.
- Participate in and lead investigative missions ensuring that all reliable and relevant information and evidence is obtained.
- Organize relevant documentary and electronic information including recording complainant, witness and subject interviews, obtaining and securing signed witness attestations and documentary evidence.
- Draft Statement of Charges and other materials to be submitted to the Sanctions Officer and the Sanctions Committee; prepare for and participate in Sanctions Committee hearings.
- Participate in negotiated resolution processes with investigated companies and individuals, in applicable cases, in order to reach mutually agreed resolutions and obtain information on systemic risks.
- Collect and analyze information to discover leads, locate evidence and develop intelligence.
- Analyze and assess all relevant information and prepare reports of investigative findings with full supporting documentation.
- Collect and analyze unit-level statistics and create visualization reporting for management decision making.
- Identify causes of prohibited practices, lessons learned and possible remedies for violations of the IDB Group’s policies.
- Ensure that OII’s information systems, including the electronic case management system, electronic files, website and other sources are updated.
- Work as a member of a multidisciplinary team and across organizational boundaries and/or fields to solve complex project and technical issues.
- Work under the moderate supervision of others.
- Provide technical guidance to more junior staff.
You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries. We may offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your eligible dependents.
You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB Group.
Master’s degree (or equivalent post-graduate education level) in one of the following field(s): law, compliance, business administration, finance, forensic auditing or related area.
Candidates should have at least 4 years of combined professional experience that is relevant to the functions described above, with a preference for experience in one or more of the following areas: investigations, investigative analysis, complex litigation, criminal prosecution, and/or integrity; accountability, compliance, anti-fraud or anti-corruption strategies.
Fluency in two official languages of the IDB Group (English, French, Portuguese, and/or Spanish) is required. Additional working knowledge of at least one of the other languages is a plus.
We are particularly interested in candidates who can take initiative and find innovative approaches to complex issues.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com you saw this internship posting.