Organization: UNHCR - United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
Contract type: Local ICA
Contract level: LICA-6 (GS 6)
Location: Washington D.C., USA
Department/office: Private Sector Partnership (PSP), UNHCR MCO Washington
Duration: from 1 May 2022 to 31 December 2022 with possibility of extension.
[IMPORTANT: This Position is advertised open to internal and external applicants .Applicants must have legal residence with valid work permit in the US at the time of submitting the application]
1. General Background
The United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR) is the world¿s leading not-for-profit organization in helping and protecting the millions of people forced to flee their homes because of violence, conflict and persecution. We deliver life-saving assistance, including shelter, food and water while also safeguarding fundamental human rights, safety and dignity.
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is advertising for an Islamic Philanthropy Associate position with the Private Sector Partnerships Service (PSP), Americas. UNHCR, has recently established the Islamic Philanthropy program in North America, which successfully managed to partner with significant entities in Canada and USA.
2. Purpose and Scope of Assignment
The incumbent will provide support in all activities related to the Islamic Philanthropy activities in the US and Canada. He/she will assist in the organization of several initiatives, consultations, conferences, meetings with partners, including administrative details. The incumbent will also support the development of stronger partnerships with academia, research institutes and Islamic institutions across North America in relation to Islamic philanthropy.
The incumbent will have a functional reporting line to the Senior Partnership and Philanthropy Officer to report on developments, feedback and technical support, and appropriate sharing of information, and will liaise with the PSP Regional Officer.
Specific duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
– Maintain consistent communication with existing and potential partners; draft agreements, coordinate transactions, develop reports.
– Support in developing research and policy papers and identifying potential prospects.
– Develop innovative engagement strategies for established partnerships
– Carry out research on specific topics related to Islamic Philanthropy activities in Canada and USA.
– Provide logistical, and other support in activities related to liaison with Islamic institutions, Halal business, academia and research centers in Canada and USA.
– Develop digital content packages for campaigns and social media usage related to Islamic Philanthropy.
– Provide support in organizing events, seminars and meetings.
– Provide administrative and logistical support to PSP team in the Americas.
– Help in compilation of material for presentations, conferences and seminars.
– Draft meeting minutes and reports.
– Support with other tasks as required.
3. Monitoring and Progress Controls
The incumbent will provide support in all activities related to the Islamic Philanthropy activities in Canada and the US. He/she will manage the existing relationships with partners as well as potential partners. Here below are some key performance indicators and measurable outputs:
– Communications with current partners are kept active and effective.
– Portfolio of engagement and outreach with existing and potential partners is expanded.
– Proposals are coordinate with different UNHCR units and submit to potential donors.
– New partners are identified and active in supporting refugees worldwide.
– Digital content is developed and shared with partners.
– Meeting minutes and monthly reports are submitted.
– Logistic support and materials are provide for different events and seminars.
4. Qualifications and Experience
a. Education (Level and area of required and/or preferred education)
Completion of Secondary School.
b. Work Experience
¿ 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
¿ knowledge/understanding of Islamic Philanthropy context in Canada and the US
¿ Knowledge of Arabic is desired.
¿ IT-Computer Literacy;
¿ MS-Drafting, Documentation, Data Presentation; MS-Editing;
¿ Good knowledge of UNHCR programmes, policies and activities.
¿ Ability to produce high-quality written materials tailored to specific audiences.
¿ Ability to balance different and sometimes competing needs and deadlines.
¿ Experience in coordinating multiple stakeholders, with an ability to multi-task, manage time, and thrive in a high-pressure environment.
** PLEASE NOTE Applicants must have legal residence with valid work permit in the US at the time of submitting their applications.**
The closing date for submission of application is Tuesday 12 April 2022 (Midnight Geneva time// 6 PM EST ). No late applications will be accepted.
HOW TO APPLY:
Internal candidates: Your application must be submitted by: MSRP – Self-Service – Recruiting – Careers – USA – NAME OF THE POSITION
External candidates: Candidates must submit their application through UNHCR’s official application site: www.unhcr.org/careers.html
In case of technical problems, please login with a different browser
For any technical problems encountered during the online application, please contact the Global Service Desk ([email protected]) prior to the deadline to allow sufficient time to resolve the issues. For any questions regarding the selection process, please contact Human Resources ([email protected])
CVs/Resumes will not be accepted by email. ONLY THOSE APPLICATIONS SENT THROUGH THE SYSTEM WILL BE CONSIDERED.
We are committed to maintaining diversity in terms of gender, ethnicity and culture. Persons belonging to minority groups, persons with special abilities, men and women, are encouraged to apply for vacancies. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
We do not confirm receipt of applications or report on the status of the process. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview and possibly a written test.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing or any other fees).
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.