Save the Children
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
As a key member of the IT functions, s/he will assist and support all Information Technology related activities. Post holder is responsible to help supervisor and float ideas to maintain effective information and communication system and as per requirement provide technical support. The position holder will develop and conduct IT related trainings of the staff, when required. Keep the locally developed online SharePoint portal and approval system functions, trouble-free and maximum available by maintaining and troubleshooting.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
As a member of the Support Services Team, contribute to:
- Share ideas to improve overall ICT functions.**
Provision of Technical Assistance
- Install and configure computer systems.
- Make sure that all computers are virus free and standard software (OS, MS Office, Anti-Virus etc.) are updated with latest security patches.
- Assist supervisor in managing the IT network operations.
- Assist supervisor in backing up data for all staff if required.
- Providing IT helpdesk support to all staff to help resolve their day to day IT related issues.
- Ensure smooth function of computers, printers and other IT related equipment.
- Providing support and facilitate staff in creating documents, presentations.
- Expedite the repair of hardware faults and software configuration problems, notifying or forwarding to relevant suppliers in a timely manner.
- Maintain necessary ICT related files and records.
- Ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring the integrity of network is not compromised.
- Ensure backup of the main information systems is being made.
- Ensure that all staff have reliable access to the internet and ensure that the internet will be used in a proper and legal manner.
- Ensure that the internet security policy is applied properly: router and firewall proper configuration, etc.
- Assist in conducting IT related trainings for staff as per requirement.
Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
- MCS/BCS or equivalent 16 years of education
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 2-3 years’ relevant experience in a medium size organization preferably in development sector experience
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office 2016/19, Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Teams, MS Powerapps, Power automate), JIRA etc.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud storage e.g. SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business etc.
- Good knowledge of managing hardware Firewalls.
- Good knowledge of latest IT related hardware (laptop, desktop, servers, firewall, switches, Wi-Fi etc.)
- Experience to securely deploy and manage LAN, WAN and wireless networks.
- Hands on experience of SQL Server, Windows Server 2016/19, Active Directory, DHCP, File and Print Services with a Hyper-V environment etc.
- Demonstrable experience in designing and conducting IT trainings.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- MCSA or MCSE or any Microsoft related certification.
- ITIL Foundation certification.
- Good Interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure & emergency situations.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] latest by December 12, 2021.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.