University of Utah Health Care
As a patient-focused organization, University of Utah Health exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. University of Utah Health seeks staff that are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission. EO/AA
This position is a 12 month internship. Applicants should expect to work a regular schedule Monday through Friday for the twelve month internship.
The internship is designed to give a student exposure to essential information technologies operations functions within a healthcare organization. This learning opportunity is intended to refine the individual’s analytical, consultative, decision-making, interpersonal and managerial skills through IT project work while providing broad exposure to information technology initiatives within the hospital. This is a 12 month paid internship experience.
This position is responsible for performing semi-skilled maintenance and computer hardware installation work that may include routine and pre-scripted computer application installation, computer hardware setup and dis-assembly, assisting Computer Desktop technicians in the performance of their duties as needed. This position has no responsibility for providing patient care.
Corporate Overview: The University of Utah is a Level 1 Trauma Center and is nationally ranked and recognized for our academic research, quality standards and overall patient experience. Our four hospitals and seventeen clinics provide excellence in our comprehensive services, medical advancement, and overall patient outcomes.
- Prepares IT hardware needed for daily installs and projects.
- Delivers and picks up IT Hardware to assigned locations, hospital, and remote clinics.
- Installs memory, hard drives, dual video cards, and other devices on computers and laptops.
- Processes trouble tickets including contacting users and technicians for further details.
- Assists in institutional upgrades and sweeps, as needed, following ITS established procedures for installation and machine configuration.
- Assists in installing, repairing or replacing an assortment of different IT equipment ranging from printers to desktop computers.
- May be assigned to work with Computer Desktop technicians on specific assignments.
- Checks system logs for errors.
- Starts jobs and monitors logs to ensure the successful completion of jobs.
- Adds, moves and deletes devices in CMDB.
- Answers main phone line and routes calls as needed.
- Monitors, adds, changes, deletes devices and/or services in monitoring systems.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Proficiency in the various desktop operating system environments and basic desktop application suites, including word-processing, spreadsheet, and email.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated human relations and communications skills, and ability to work in a team environment.
- A strong commitment to excellence in service.
- Ability to follow specific directions.
- Ability to work both individually and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated potential ability to perform the essential functions as outlined above.
- Currently enroll in an applicable undergraduate program.
- One year of applicable or related experience.
- IT help desk experience.
- Knowledge and experience in Health Care.
- Currently enrolled as an active student with the University of Utah.
- Currently enrolled in an applicable program.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without an accommodation.
- This is a sedentary position that may exert up to 10 pounds and may lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. This position involves sitting most of the time and is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
We are University of Utah Health. Employment.utah.edu
Listening, Sitting, Speaking, Standing
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.