Java Full Stack Developer
Your key responsibilities
As a Development Engineer, you control both the design phase and the actual development and testing of applications/infrastructure services. You understand the entire stack, so that you can bring applications or infrastructure services into production and resolve incidents in cooperation with the Ops Engineer. This means you can contribute to completion of all activities in the backlog. The following items are vital in this:
Contribute to the new way of working
- You work together with colleagues from other areas of expertise and take initiative in expanding knowledge (both within and outside of your area of expertise) that is relevant for the Tribe in which you work;
- You use your technical expertise and experience to contribute to all sprint events (planning, refinements, retrospectives, demos);
- Where possible, you take on tasks/activities that contribute to the mission, even when they are not entirely within your area of expertise.
- You have an up-to-date vision regarding IT expertise and you also have functional knowledge of some Banking Business domains;
- You are able to get all typical and other backlog items (user stories) from ‘to do’ to ‘done’;
- You consult with the team about what is needed to fulfil the functional and non-functional requirements of the IT product to be developed;
- Write fully automated tests (e.g., unit-, functional-, non-functional- and integration testing);
- You design, build and test IT products (functional, performance, resilience and security tests) in line with the customer’s requirements and IT Area’ set of guidelines;
- Reviewing software requirements and preparing test scenarios;
- Executing tests on software usability;
- Analyzing test results on database impacts, errors or bugs, and usability;
- Preparing reports on all aspects related to the software testing carried out and reporting to the design team;
- Interacting with clients to understand product requirements;
- Participating in design reviews and providing input on requirements, product design, and potential problems;
- You implement all mandatory security standards to ensure IT risk is and remain under control;
- You perform Life Cycle Management (including decommissioning) for IT products under management;
- You apply continuous delivery practices:
- Manage all resources in version-controlled repositories (code, scripts, configurations, artefacts, static resources);
- Refactor and reuse existing code/modules/functionality;
- Build, enhance and maintain tooling and scripts to automate repetitive or error prone tasks.
Contribute to team and personal development
- You contribute to the development of your squad by actively giving and receiving feedback;
- As an experienced Development Engineer, you coach less experienced colleagues to help their individual development;
- You are responsible for developing your own expertise;
- You gather, update and spread knowledge about developments and challenges regarding your field and embed lessons learned and best practices.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent by experience;
- Oracle Java Certifications (OCA Java SE 8 at least);
- Software Testing Certifications (ISTQB Foundation Level at least);
- 5-10 years of experience in development;
- Good written and spoken knowledge of English;
- You are familiar with testing, including Test-Driven Development(TDD), end-to-end testing and Test Automation;
- Deep knowledge and experience with Java;
- Proven knowledge of Continuous Delivery using GIT, Maven, Jenkins and Artifactory;
- Hands on experience and knowledge of SQL/PLSQL and Oracle Database;
- Good Knowledge of SOA, REST API, Spring, JPA, EJB, Spring Boot, jQuery, Vaadin;
- Experience with Eclipse, GitLab, Confluence, HP Application Lifecycle Management;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changes in a dynamic environment;
- Strong team player skills, empowering and challenging the squad members in a constructive way.
Don’t forget to mention unjobvacancies.com when applying.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.