Would you like to use your public affairs experience to push the importance of our healthy building agenda? Do you want to be a part of an international company and influence the political landscape in the EU?
Buildings are very high on the EU agenda with several key built environment initiatives and legislative revisions in the pipeline. The VELUX Group has many years of experience and knowledge on energy, climate, health and environmental issues in buildings, as well as on energy-efficient and sustainable products and solutions. We believe in the importance of a healthy indoor climate in all types of buildings. Joining us, you help ensure that our purpose is top of mind among politicians, EU institutions and other stakeholders. We offer the right person a temporary employment for three years.
You will as Junior Public Affairs Consultant in Brussels help strengthen our dialogue on EU legislation and become part of our Global Public Affairs team with colleagues in Brussels and at the VELUX Head Office in Denmark. Together, we are dedicated to creating awareness of the importance of daylight and fresh air in buildings. To accomplish this, we work to influence building and product regulation, policies within energy efficiency, daylight, natural ventilation and sustainability as well as product requirements. Key legislative files include the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive, the Energy Efficiency Directive, the Construction Products Regulation as well as other relevant files from the Fit for 55 Package and European Green Deal.
Your main responsibility will be:
- Monitor latest EU policy developments (European Commission, European Parliament, Member States) covering key files and provide updates, support with monthly and quarterly EU updates (using EU monitoring tools), tracking key events/conferences and milestones of EU Institutions.
- Support with drafting of EU material e.g., public consultations and briefing papers.
- Support with EU engagement and outreach to key stakeholders.
- Acting on meeting requests, prepare meetings and secure thorough follow-up.
- Attend relevant EU policy events and conferences.
- Ad hoc tasks within the EU agenda.
You will be part of a global organization and can expect to travel approximately 10 days annually within Europe and particularly to our Head Office in Hørsholm, Denmark. Additionally, we offer you flexibility and opportunities to work remotely.
Professionally, you manage to understand, analyze and communicate political matters in a corporate environment characterized by increasing politicization. You are respectful and trustworthy in your communication, eager to learn and have a proactive approach to task solving. You are dynamic and a team player with excellent networking skills.
Moreover, you have:
- A relevant master’s degree in political science, law, international relations, MSc, economics or similar.
- A few years of experience from either the EU political environment (EU institutions), a consultancy agency, interest group or equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge of European affairs and legislative processes preferably within energy, climate and environmental policies.
- Excellent oral and written English skills and understand and speak preferably other European languages as well.
Joining our team, you will collaborate with purpose-driven and persistent colleagues who work to continuously put the spotlight on indoor climate worldwide. As a part of our team, we encourage you to challenge your skills as you challenge our processes – and doing so, you will inevitably make your mark on our organisation and create business-critical guidelines for the future.
You will be based in Brussels partly at our office near the EU institutions. You will be supporting our EU Manager for Public Affairs in Brussels, Elisabeth Katharine Hoffmann, and report to Director of Global Public Affairs, Pia Désirée Loft, who is leading the Global Public Affairs team of 6 dedicated people at the VELUX Head office in Hørsholm, Denmark. The Global Public Affairs team is part of the Global Communication, Sustainability & Public Affairs department.
Application and contact
Learn more about the VELUX Group online at www.velux.com, where you can read more about working at our company and what to expect of our recruitment process.
Apply through the job post available at velux.com/career!
We look forward to receiving your application and CV as soon as possible and no later than 17 October 2021. We will review applications and conduct interviews on an on-going basis, so don’t wait to apply.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.