The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation.
Our cultural and educational programmes encourage intercultural dialogue and enable cultural involvement. They strengthen the development of structures in civil society and foster worldwide mobility.
As a trusted partner, the Goethe-Institut has been successfully pursuing and implementing EU service contracts and other EU-funded projects over the last years, either as a member of consortia or as lead applicant.
CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
To position ourselves for future bids, this call for expressions of interest is launched to strengthen our pool of EXPERTS (key and non-key) who can deliver professional services for short- and long-term assignments.
We are interested in receiving CVs and short letters of motivation from experts working in the following, but not limited, thematic and technical areas:
- Public and Cultural Diplomacy
- International Cultural Relations
- Political Cooperation
- Strengthening of Civil Society, Civic Tech, Active Citizenship
- Culture and Creative Industries – Formal and Non-Formal Education, including Teacher Training
- Strategic Communication and Public Relations
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Digital Strategy
- Events Management
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Risk Management and Control
General qualification and skills
- A University degree to Master level in a relevant field;
- At least 5 years of professional experience, including 3 years in the fields of education, culture or information, particularly with networks involving institutional and public relations;
- Experience in management positions in relevant areas, e.g. in public administration, private companies or non-profit organisations desirable;
- At least 3 years of project management experience of donor- funded projects (in particular EU- funded), including knowledge of project cycle management and budget management;
- Distinctive experience in the management of large projects and in personnel management desirable;
- Ability to manage a complex and, at times, a heavy workload, to multi-task and take initiative;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentations, drafting reports, working in digital channels;
- Good IT skills (mainly MS Office);
- Strong ability to work in a team;
- Cross-cultural and context sensitivity;
- Ability to negotiate and influence across multiple stakeholders;
- Fluency in English. Other language skills can be considered essential, depending on positing location and type of assignment. German would be considered an asset.
- Experience with the work of the Goethe-Institut at national and international level is considered as an asset.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) in English. We kindly ask you to submit your CV in Europeaid format. A template of this format can be downloaded from the Goethe-Application-Portal (link below) under the respective heading “Supporting documents”.
Please use the Goethe-Application-Portal to submit your application under: https://bit.ly/3J3X5Ao
More information about the selection process can be found in the Terms of Reference, which also can be downloaded from the Goethe-Application-Portal under “Overview”.
Do you have any questions? Please contact [email protected]
This call for expressions of interest is ongoing.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.