The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain– Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC- PSM) Mali Program is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of United States Government (USG)-funded public health initiatives in Mali. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), Population and Reproductive Health, and Maternal and Child Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, GHSC-PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain management initiatives in collaboration with the MOH, MPPD, and other partner organizations.
GHSC-PSM Mali supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Health commodity procurement and logistics,
- Systems strengthening technical assistance, and
- Global and local collaboration to improve long-term availability of health commodities.
The Knowledge Management and Communications (KMC) Specialist will be responsible for the knowledge management and communications activities, internal and external, to support GHSC-PSM in Mali. The KMC Specialist will spearhead program information gathering and dissemination activities, develop and implement KMC strategy, support technical reporting and completion of specific communication tasks for GHSC-PSM Mali in close collaboration with various technical leads, partners, and key stakeholders to identify data, stories, and articles for communications materials. Key activities will be to ensure timely and consistent communication of project impact, design, innovate, and create multi-media messages and graphics to contribute to reporting requirements, support key reports, presentations, events and other strategic communications and learning activities. The KMC Specialist will report to the Country Director of GHSC-PSM Mali.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and manage the communications strategy for GHSC-PSM under the leadership of the Country Director, advancing the project’s vision, mission, and mandate utilizing various media formats targeting a variety of audiences.
- Establish and socialize KMC systems, platforms, processes, and tools to support efficient and effective knowledge management, learning, and communications to ensure project’s institutional memory.
- Responsible for the preparation, editing, and submission of contract deliverables to USAID and assist with finalizing programmatic work plans, as needed, ensuring all program deliverables, trainings, and technical reports comply with USAID branding guidelines and the programs approved Branding and Implementation Plan and Marking Plan.
- Liaise with GHSC-PSM’s headquarters (HQ) KMC team, providing data and information to support global communication initiatives and activities, including campaigns, annual reports, and other USAID/GHSC-PSM communications activities.
- Synthesize technical information in order to produce and disseminate accurate and useful knowledge products such as press releases, feature articles, success stories, lessons learned, presentation materials, marketing materials, quarterly and annual reports, videos, multimedia, and extension materials in consultation with technical staff.
- Monitor project activities to identify success stories, lessons learned and ensure they are captured, developed, edited, and shared.
- Respond to project staff requests for communications assistance, and provide creative ideas for using communications and KM tools to improve the implementation and effectiveness of project activities.
- Develop, manage, and implement advertising campaigns and public awareness campaigns, using print, audiovisual, and other media including defining key audiences and messages appropriate for local communities and consistent with project objectives.
- Provide strategic and programmatic advice on communications and knowledge exchange and support project leadership to strengthen program design and implementation.
- Achieve and maintain effective communications with USAID, partner organizations, and stakeholders, including timely response to requests for information.
- Develop and implement strategic communication and learning activities, presentations, events, as well as conducting training and dissemination of program information, including the preparation and facilitation of presentations/workshops.
- Participate in team building and work planning activities and work closely with program partners and team members, particularly the monitoring and evaluation team, to ensure timely communications.
- Perform other appropriate tasks that support the overall project, as assigned by the Country Director or his/her designee.
- Advanced degree (BA/Master’s) in relevant technical area, preferably communications or journalism.
- At least 7 years of experience in knowledge management and communications.
- Demonstrated experience with communications strategy development and implementation.
- USAID funded project experience strongly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of USAID’s reporting, branding, and marking requirements.
- Experience producing high-quality communication products for a variety of channels (e.g., print, digital, video).
- Excellent command of English and French (verbal and written) required with a proven ability to rewrite technical information for non-experts.
- Experience facilitating workshops and trainings in knowledge management and communication best practices.
- Proven organizational and management skills, ability to work independently and in teams in a multi-cultural context.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate leadership, good judgment, possesses sensitivity and understanding of how messaging impacts diverse audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with executives, all levels of GHSC-PSM staff, partners and other stakeholders.
- Excellent computer skills in a full range of software, including: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop and/or other graphics programs.
Level of Effort and Location
This is a full-time, long-term position based in Bamako, Mali with intermittent travel throughout the program’s target regions as needed.
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship.
How to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.