Salary: From €3 965 gross per month
Contract Type: Indefinite
Hours: Full Time or Part Time
Hours Details: Full time preferred, but would consider 80%
Closing Date: 2 December 2021
First Interview Dates: Week commencing 13th December
About the role
At ClientEarth, we are working towards a healthier, sustainable agriculture model for the EU. Current EU agriculture produces high levels of greenhouse gas emissions, as well as relying on pesticides and fertilisers which cause severe environmental damage and negatively impact our health. As the global demand for food production increases, we believe making agriculture sustainable is key to fighting climate change.
Join our Agriculture team and you will be working on developing a portfolio of cases before the courts of Member States and the EU to tackle the negative impacts of intensive agricultural practices on health, climate and the environment. You will focus on identifying litigation opportunities in France, Germany and Spain as well as selecting new jurisdictions to expand our work into.
Meet your Manager
In this role, you will be managed by our Agriculture Lead Lara Fornabaio. Lara joined ClientEarth in 2018 and is based in Germany. She mainly works with civil society and EU institutions to support the transition towards green and just food systems. Lara holds a PhD in EU Food Law from the University of Ferrara (Italy) and has conducted research at Wageningen University and Research, the University of Nantes and the Swiss Institute of Comparative Law.
- Lead litigation work related to agriculture before national courts
- Support ClientEarth’s litigation work connected to the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP)
- Draft and review legal documents
- Contribute to raising public awareness about the impact of intensive agriculture
- Initiate and build good relationships with key stakeholders
- See the job description (below) for a full list of duties for this role.
- A master’s degree in law (LL.M)
- Experience practising agricultural and/or environmental law in private practice, public service or in an NGO
- Experience of leading litigation before EU and/or national courts
- Strong knowledge of EU environmental law
- Fluent (CEFR level – C2) in English
- Knowledge of another EU language
See the job description for a full list of requirements for this role.
To apply, click here.
* The successful candidate’s final title will be agreed prior to a formal offer, and will depend on their professional qualifications and the applicable regulated titled allowed to be used in the relevant jurisdiction.
Have a question about this job? Please visit our Careers site for advice on applying, FAQs, and more.
Flexible working: Post-covid, we are giving our staff the choice to decide where they want to work for 80% of their month, with the other 20% of their month being office-based. See our Benefits page for more.
ClientEarth values diversity and inclusion and the benefits this brings. We aim to appoint the most suitable candidate at all times and welcome applications from people from all different backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
Please note that ClientEarth is only able to employ those who have the pre-existing legal right to work in the country where this post is based.
ClientEarth is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice or legal services to third parties.
Do not forget to mention that you found this job ad on the UNJOBVACANCIES Jobsite!
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.