Equinor Energy Belgium
By joining our team in Communication you will have the opportunity to:
- Carry out strategic engagement with the European Council, European Commission and European Parliament in Brussels, represent Equinor’s purpose, vision and values;
- Building and managing public affairs strategies and campaigns (legislative and non-legislative);
- Monitoring, tracking and analysing the EU policy and legislative agenda;
- Develop strong relationships with European trade organisations and other key partners. Build coalitions with external partners who have common goals and objectives and contribute to strategically placing Equinor in an advantageous business and political position before key audiences;
- Lead the EU affairs office’s stakeholder mapping, analysis and management;
- Follow up and help develop the EU researcher members of the team;
- Develop Equinor’s external presence including drafting briefings for public distribution, generating content for the development of our social media profile;
- Drive business activity and projects including identifying emerging risks and opportunities in EU policy areas and legal and regulatory agenda;
- Closely collaborate across Euqinor Business Areas and ensure coherence in positioning towards and engagement with EU stakeholders;
- Prepare management briefings, position papers, fact sheets, and correspondence describing and advancing Equinor’s policy objectives for relevant internal and external stakeholders;
- Contribute to organising events and internal/external meetings.
Some qualities are essential for Equinor. You identify with our values, open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture. For this position, we are also looking for:
- Demonstrated experience managing public policy and/or government relations and advocacy work;
- Knowledge and experience of the EU legislative and policy landscape is essential;
- Already in position of, or ready to build a strong network with European policy makers and opinion leaders;
- Very strong understanding of public policy issues around energy, climate, environment, digital and RD&I;
- A good team player and having the ability to work in a dynamic environment;
- A can-do attitude, ready to assist in a wide range of tasks, build networks and lead on specific projects, tasks or policy areas;
- Results driven and pragmatic attitude. Keen to share knowledge in the team;
- Willingness to travel;
- Excellent written and communication skills. The working language of the office is English, additional languages will be an asset (German/French);
- Focus on accuracy and attention to detail;
- Keen to plan, organized and execution oriented.
The team is responsible for strategic information and advice to Equinor’s management on political/policy matters pertaining to the EU and supports decision making processes and coordinate the company’s stakeholder dialogue.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on unjobvacancies.com
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.