Ana Aqra is seeking seventeen (17) Learning Facilitators to join its team in the Beqaa, Baalbeck, Tripoli, and Akkar.
The Learning facilitator deals with a variety of groups and individuals in the school setting and with the school community (through face-to-face or virtual learning). In this position, a Learning facilitator will serve as a facilitator and technical support working in the field with clusters of schools participating in the QITABI-2 project. The Learning facilitator will work with school coordinators, teachers, other school staff, and parents to support and coordinate in-person and/or remotely field-based projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a facilitator for various project activities related to face-to-face, distance, and blended learning at the school level.
- Work closely with DOPS mentors and Subject Matter Coordinators to improve quality of teaching and learning in any of its modalities.
- Collaborate with school staff (principals, teachers, and administrators) and parents to facilitate learning and provide the necessary support to improve the learning environment at the school and create a community of learners. This includes:
Ø Arabic and English Literacy or Arabic and French Literacy;
Ø Math and Numeracy
Ø Technology Literacy
Ø Social-Emotional Learning
Ø Parents’ learning circles and parental engagement
Ø Data collection, data entry, and verification
Ø Logistics, resources and teaching and learning materials (TLMs) distribution and dissemination
- Help create a collaborative environment among school administrators, teachers, parents, and communities at large.
- Liaise with the local community to map the services available in their cluster and update it regularly, and be able to support with referrals when applicable.
- Support SMCs, teachers, and parents with resources and provide synchronous and asynchronous coaching support.
- Act as a mediator to resolve arising conflicts with the objective to facilitate program implementation.
- Report to the Regional Coordinator on activities, progress, and challenges.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or in a related field, and/or a teaching diploma; Master’s degree is a plus
- Minimum of 4 years working in a school setting
- Experience in applying formative assessment, conducting teacher’s appraisals, and providing coaching support
- Experience in distance learning is an advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Arabic and French/English
- Excellent computer skills (outlook, excel, word, PowerPoint, video conferencing, and online learning platforms)
- Knowledgeable of the community they live in and its geography and needs
- Ability to commute easily within one governorate
- Ability to assess challenges and make informed decisions
- Ability to implement work plans effectively and efficiently
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work with different groups of people
- Ability to report with evidence on indicators
- Knowledgeable of the current education challenges
- Ability to work online within working hours
How to apply
To apply for this position, click here.
Please apply ONLY if your qualifications meet the job requirements, namely the educational background and relevant experience.
Due to the large number of applications received, only short-listed candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. We reserve the right to remove the vacancy ad if we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date. Any résumés received after that time will not be considered.
Ana Aqra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any applicant because of individual differences and disabilities. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other protected group.
Ana Aqra and its employees and stakeholders are committed to the core principles regarding protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse laid out by the UN Secretary-General and the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) and adhere to the Safeguarding and Child Protection policies at all times.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.