SWEDO-The Swedish Development Aid Organization
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Master or Bachelor Degree in refugee studies, protection, human rights Law, international relations, humanitarian response or any other relevant field;
- At least six years of experience in managing protection projects in refugee/IDP situations, camp as well as urban context, including emergency operations.
- Fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish Languages;
- General knowledge of issues pertaining to Persons of Concern to UNHCR and UNHCR’s protection mandate.
- Excellent understanding of legal issues faced by refugees, asylum-seekers, IDPs and host communities within the Erbil Governorate.
- Excellent reporting skills.
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office, Outlook etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a team work attitude.
- Excellent analytical skills and strategic planning.
- Confidentiality – Ability to handle sensitive matters appropriately.
- Readiness to travel and work in all areas of Iraq and be flexible in terms of working overtime if requested by the supervisor.
How To Apply
Interested applicants must send their most recent CV to [email protected], Subject line must read: S-IR-VA-21096, Legal Manager, Erbil
Note: Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements or received after closing date may not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview that may include a written test of communication and writing skills.
SWEDO organization has a zero-tolerance policy of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) on SWEDO staff members, employees or any other persons engaged and controlled by SWEDO Contractors, this includes any kind of sexual harassment, and discrimination. The staff members and all contract type holders shall protect against and prevent sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA). All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks
Women are strongly encouraged to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.