NRC (Norwegian Refugee Council)
Position: Livelihoods Coordinator
Reports to: Livelihoods Project Manager
Supervision of: Project Officer
Duty station: Baghdad
Project number: IQFM2139
Duration and type of contract: 1 year, Fixed Term.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Livelihoods Coordinator position is to implement the Financial Inclusion Project.
The following is a brief description of the role.
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Line management of Livelihoods project field staff
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures and awareness of NRC global and regional strategies
- Contribute to Livelihoods strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps, considering where appropriate the role of cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of livelihoods projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from PM in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality
- Provide regular progress reports to PM (APM and Livelihoods Specialist if no PM)
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Support PM in hiring of an external consult/service provider to conduct research on financial inclusion.
- Assist the PM in dissemination of research findings to key stakeholders such as governorate agencies, GIZ, MFIs, banks, NGOs and UN agencies.
- Support the PM in developing and signing partnership agreement with financial services providers.
- Supervise beneficiary selection ensuring that the selected beneficiaries meet the defined selection criteria.
- Support selected beneficiaries to access identified financial services.
- Review training modules developed by consultant on financial literacy and designing training calendar for beneficiaries. .
- Support training needs assessment of beneficiaries and ensure quality trainings are delivered by incentive trainers and other identified trainers.
- Monitoring of project activities and reporting on GORS, activity info and other internally reporting requirements.
- Coordinate with Logistics, Finance, HR and security departments in implementing the financial inclusion project.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Project planning: Cash & Livelihoods Specialist, APM, Livelihoods PM
- Area operations: Support Coordinators (Logistic, Finance, HR), Support Manager
- Staff capacity building: Cash & Livelihoods Specialists, HR Development Officer
- Implementation: Cash & Livelihoods Specialists, APM and support team
Scale and scope of position
One Officer, 2 Assistants.
UN agencies, INGOs, local NGOs, civil society, governmental bodies)
GORS, Agresso, Webcruiter, Intranet
Legal or compliance:
Terms of employment, Service providers
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience from working a Cash and Livelihoods project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context related skills, knowledge and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
- Academic knowledge on financial literacy gained in business management or other related qualification.
- Knowledge of financial literacy and financial services required.
- IT competencies including MS Office.
- Good communication skills in Arabic (both written and verbal).
- Experience in staff line management.
- Good training skills.
- Good planning and management skills.
- Behavioural competencies (max 6)
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The individual Work- and Professional Development Plan
- The Competency Framework
How To Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.