UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, dedication
This position is placed in the Data Team within the Global Transport Centre (GTC) in UNICEF’s Supply Division.
The Data Team is responsible for managing the contracts for UNICEF’s global Shipping and Freight Forwarding requirements, including performance management, freight management, freight calculation tools and control of SD transport processes and procedures to ensure timely and effective delivery of UNICEF supplies from +100 supply countries to +160 receiving countries.
Data management and monitoring through electronic data interfaces with transport service providers remain a key element of the performance tools in the team.
How can you make a difference?
Under the general supervision of the Logistics Specialist (Data Team), monitor EDI/SAP and freight forwarders’ performance and to ensure accurate and timely processing transactions related to transport activities.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Proactively monitor EDI from Freight Forwarders to ensure timeliness and correctness of the data received. Analyze the root cause of errors and communicate with freight forwarder and relevant internal stakeholders for clarifications and corrective actions.
- Issue periodical reports to monitor freight forwarders’ performance on EDI. Arrange meetings with freight forwarders to discuss issues or their EDI/invoicing performance.
- Monitor timely goods receipt, shipment, invoicing and payment in order to finalize shipment and close freight POs.
- Identify and resolve issues related to shipment data (quantity mismatch, EDI transmission errors, missing good receipt, etc.), if necessary, in close cooperation with relevant internal (Financial Management & Administration Centre, Operational Analysis Team etc.) and external (freight forwarders) interlocutors.
- Provide input for new or revised procedures, Division and Centre Procedures within assigned deadline.
- Provide suggestions and communicate with OATC for SAP/VISION improvements.
- Handling retro-active approvals for non-standard rates upon request.
- Assist implementation of audit to freight forwarders invoices. Provide timely and accurate information and documents.
- Be the focal point backup with the GSSC and liaise between the forwarders and the GSSC through monitoring of the flow of freight invoices, including reception, follow-up of certification/approval, transmission for payment, finalizing Shipping Report and filing.
- Track indicators related to invoice processing and payment (freight forwarder invoicing performance, invoicing error rates, invoices received/processed per period, invoice processing times, performance against payment terms, etc.) and provide updates both on a regular and on an ad-hoc basis as required.
- Support external and internal audit with necessary audit documentation and prepare updates on status of audit recommendations.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education
- Additional professional training in accounting, logistics / supply-chain management, and/or general administration.
- At least five years of experience in international transportation using multiple modes of transport (air, sea, road), cargo operations, commercial freight forwarding or related area.
- Strong working knowledge in the Microsoft Suite of Products (including MS Word, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong user level skills in MS Excel.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience in working with ERPs is an advantage.
- Danish language skills.
NB: UNICEF staff members globally and applicants who are EU nationals or in possession of a valid work permit for Denmark are eligible to apply. General Service (GS) staff are personally responsible for any travel and accommodation arrangements and UNICEF will not cover any costs related to relocation.
Note that the selected candidate is responsible for obtaining residence permit and any required extension thereof as such an extension cannot be dependent on an employment with UNICEF. (This does not apply for current UNICEF staff members who are non-EU nationals and recruited internationally as residency will be linked to the position with UNICEF).
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and the core competencies required for this position as follows:
Core competencies skills
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Innovates and embraces change
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Works collaboratively with others
To view our competency framework, please click here: here
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children.
The closing date is 27 December 2021. Please be informed that all applications to UNICEF are handled via UNICEF’s online recruiting system. You can apply to the above position by creating your profile, and application at our web site: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index.php. Kindly note that all applications should be in English and that applications outside of the online recruiting system will not be accepted. Kindly also note that diversity and gender balance are factors in the selection process. Queries can be directed to Louise Pedersen at [email protected] .
Visit us at www.unicef.org/supply/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.