A major player in the social and solidarity economy, the French Red Cross runs a network of more than 600 establishments and services in the health, medical and social sectors and in training.
It also runs 12 regional health and social training institutes.
As a member of the world’s largest humanitarian network, the French Red Cross employs more than 17,000 people who, through more than 70 professions, put their professionalism at the service of the most vulnerable in medical-educational institutes, day-care centers, retirement homes, functional rehabilitation centers, emergency shelters, training centers, international missions…
Ukraine is facing a humanitarian crisis that continues to develop every day. As hostilities escalate, a growing number of people is being displaced every day within Ukraine and across international borders, with more than 3 million having fled the country.
With the humanitarian situation in Ukraine and neighboring countries deteriorating rapidly, the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement has activated all its emergency response mechanisms. Together ICRC, IFRC and National Societies are undertaking a rapid and coordinated response.
Under the supervision of the Head of Delegation, the logistics coordinator will be in charge especially of (non-exhaustive list):
· Supervise the installation of FRC delegations
· Coordination of supply operations (planning, coordination of teams (headquarters and/or field), consulting support on purchases)
· Support operations and coordination of transportation (selection of means of transportation, drafting administrative documents, liaison with suppliers etc.)
· Planning of logistics activities (country action plan, follow-up and support of logistics teams)
· Represent FRC in all logistics platforms and meetings
· Coordination within the RCRC Movement (IFRC, ICRC, NS, PNS…) and with other humanitarian actors
HIERARCHICAL AND FUNCTIONAL LINKS
The Logistics Coordinator works under the responsibility of the Head of DelegationCandidate profile
Ø – Educational background and experiences:
· Generalist educational background: master in logistics, supply chain management,…
· Minimum 2 years of experience in emergency humanitarian context
· Minimum 3 years of experience in team management
· Prior experience and knowledge in contracts, purchasing and supply chain management is highly desirable
· Proper knowledge of CRF and RCRC Movement would be an asset
· Strong communication, analysis and reporting skills
· Knowledge of logistics procedure
· Strong organizational capacities
English mandatory (oral and written); any other language of the region would be an asset
Ø – Personal Qualities:
· Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills;
· Proactivity and flexibility
· Autonomy and sense of team working
Join us !
You want to join a great association that works daily with vulnerable people!
You are looking for meaning and wish to develop yourself within a company that is committed to its values.
You give importance to the principles and values defended and carried by the French Red Cross (Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary service, Unity, Universality)
How to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.