Long-Term Business Manager – Senior Non-Key Expert – OPSYS Track 1
Who we are:
NTT DATA – a part of NTT Group – is a trusted global innovator of IT and business services headquartered in Tokyo. We help clients transform through consulting, industry solutions, business process services, IT modernization and managed services. NTT DATA enables clients, as well as society, to move confidently into the digital future. We are committed to our clients’ long-term success and combine global reach with local client attention to serve them in over 50 countries. Visit us at nttdata.com.
The project: OPSYS
OPSYS is the information system used by the European Commission (EC) in the area of External Actions. The project aims to support a new and more collaborative way of working that involves EU staff, economic operators, and grant beneficiaries in the management of the EU External Relations portfolio of interventions under the shared governance of INTPA, NEAR, FPI, DIGIT and RTD. Three tracks have been created within the OPSYS programme: (1) Results and monitoring (2) Procurement, calls for proposals and contract management (3) Programming, actions, and Commission financing decisions. These tracks are also linked by several horizontal dimensions (business architecture, UX, migration, change management, etc.).
In this context, the present contract is part of a multi-contract Support to INTPA R5 for programme management and implementation of the OPSYS information system. It will more particularly focus on Track 1: Results and monitoring. In the framework of Track 1, the R5 work is currently consisting of:
- Results collection, monitoring and evaluation;
- Business analysis work (i.e. requirements gathering and documentation);
- Preparation and monitoring of logical framework(s).
Main tasks will include:
- Ensuring the business management: detailed business analysis and coordination of IT supplier teams;
- Perform the analysis over the full business scope for the OPSYS;
- Setting up priorities for the OPSYS results management module;
- Coordinating with relevant stakeholders in DG INTPA, DG NEAR and FPI to ensure adequacy of priorities and features developed with user needs;
- Following up of IT developments and ensuring that they are in line with business needs;
- Organising PUC and DUG meetings;
- Prepare and maintain project and quality plans and tracks activities against the plan, provide regular and accurate reports;
- Logframe management;
- Results monitoring and management;
- Any other tasks identified during the project implementation in line with the project’s needs.
- Master’s degree or equivalent diploma in at least one of the followings fields: economics, engineering, public administration, computer sciences, social sciences or in absence of degree equivalent professional experience;
- At least 8 years of professional experience related to the project;
- Good knowledge of project management standards and methodologies (for example Agile at EC);
- Good knowledge of business management and requirements;
- Good knowledge of the functioning of the EU institutions;
- Experience in results monitoring and logframe management;
- In depth knowledge of large organization administrative business processes;
- Experience in international cooperation;
- Fluency in English (reading, speaking, writing, C1/C2 level);
- Knowledge of French (at least B2)
- Knowledge of JIRA and/or CONFLUENCE;
- Communication skills;
- Innovation approach to improve organisational performance;
- Strategic thinking;
- Team spirit to cooperate with members of formal and informal groups.
Please note that only candidates with a Belgian work permit or European citizenship can be considered for this position.
Category: senior expert
Start date: at earliest possible time
Remuneration: Commensurate with the position and experience
Type of contract: Freelance
Location of assignment: Hybrid, within one hour of European Commission premises (INTPA) in Brussels. Presence in Brussels will be required at least once a week.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.