Plan: Plan International
Dimensions of Role
- Reports to the DCOP and provides specialist guidance and support on Malaria programming in line with the approved Program Unit (PU) annual plan and relevant policies
- Has no delegated authority to approve Program Outlines and payments;
- A member of the Program Unit Management Team (PUMT) and advises the PUMT on programming issues;
- Represents Plan at district and County stakeholder forums/networks, consultative sessions, or conferences on Malaria programming initiatives.
Key End Results and typical Responsibilities
Operations and project management
- Overall responsibility for effective and efficient management of the Global Fund Malaria project consistent with the project management cycle;
- A good understanding of Plan procedures, systems and guidelines;
- Initiate and maintain regular minutes of project team meetings;
- Reporting in line with the donor contracts and compliance requirements;
- Ensure monitoring systems are in place and that project reviews are carried out periodically in conjunction with the team, local stakeholders and project partners;
- Travel as dictated by the need of the project.
- Facilitate community empowerment and capacity building program activities through linkages and collaboration with partners at grassroots level. This involves working with communities providing skills and know-how to enable them to spearhead Malaria prevention and control activities;
- Ensure all relevant authorities are included in the planning and implementation of projects as appropriate;
- Proactively contribute to programme development and strategy.
- Ensure familiarity with donor compliance issues, ensuring all projects are compliant with these and Plan procedures;
- Ensure appropriate administrative, financial and logistical Plan systems/procedures are in place, maintained and adhered to so that all support functions are carried out effectively and efficiently;
- Ensure Plan complies with all legal and bureaucratic requirements in country;
- Ensure regular communications are maintained;
- Responsible for the preparation of projected expenditures quarterly;
- Responsible for accurate budget control and overall responsibility for financial management at the project site in line with project proposals.
Other key deliverables
- Maintain good inter-team communications, engender good team dynamics, and take suitable action when problems occur;
- Responsible for ensuring adequate linkages with decentralized agencies of the Ministry of Health;
- Carry out representation with other NGOs, UN agencies, local and national government bodies, donors and other relevant parties;
- Ensure all relevant parties are kept informed of Plan activities as appropriate (e.g. donors, health authorities etc.);
- Be the project contact with press and media, in discussion with CD, and capable of giving media interviews.
Child Protection & Gender Equality Mainstreaming
- Promotes and abides by Plan policies and procedures including but not limited to: Gender equality mainstreaming, child protection, Code of Conduct and the related mandatory reporting responsibilities.
Dealing with Problems
Application of knowledge required for the role, complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required to solve them.
- Ability to think strategically, recognize program and persuade colleagues of Malaria program opportunities that Plan should exploit;
- High degree of capacity to resolve a wide range of challenges related to Malaria programming;
- Providing leadership and advice on Malaria programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives
- A degree in Environmental Health, Health Promotion, Public Health or equivalent qualification;
- Additional qualifications and experience in project management, report writing and social/community development skills will be an added advantage;
- Ability to co-ordinate holistic and integrated project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- A minimum of 3 years practical experience working with rural communities;
- Experience of donor liaison;
- Ability to work with teams, communicate and coordinate with government departments and other agencies at various levels;
- Experience in financial, budget and administrative management or related issues;
- Knowledge of strategic planning processes and theories of child-rights programming;
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community development;
- Proven ability to develop project proposals and concepts;
- Excellent networking and partnership building skills;
- Research, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Good communication, facilitation and report writing skills;
- Strong team-building and motivational skills;
- Strong negotiating, strategic thinking and influencing skills;
- MS office skills.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com you saw this job posting.