Hours: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Location: Manchester, M14 6AX
Reporting line: Communications Director
Closing date: 19th November 2021
About READ Foundation
READ Foundation is a UK based registered charity working to create school places for children living in poverty in the developing world.
We create opportunities for orphan and needy children to go to school to gain an education and build a better life for themselves. We currently focus on constructing new schools, providing quality sponsorship for orphans and are now expanding our educational portfolio to reflect the large humanitarian and development needs ongoing throughout the world.
We created our first school in 1994 with a single classroom of 25 children, while as of this academic year we are now running almost 400 schools, in which over 100,000 children study, almost 10% of whom are orphaned by father or both parents. However, with a global shortage of classrooms in the millions, there is still much to do to achieve universal education.
To plan, develop and manage marketing and communications activity for READ Foundation.
This will involve working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure creative, marketing and fundraising outputs are maintained and targets are achieved.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To deliver READ Foundation’s marketing and communications strategy
- To work closely with the Senior Management Team to market and fundraise for the organisation through various marketing, PR, media and stakeholder channels.
- To develop and manage appropriate campaigns for the organisation.
- To manage designers, copywriters, editors and proof readers to ensure consistent output of quality material.
- To fully support the organisation’s fundraising efforts and campaigns.
- To understand and report on the effectiveness of each campaign.
- Discover and implement new and positive initiatives.
- Develop and implement a communications plan that ensures the vision and values are understood by employees and volunteers, along with donors and other external stakeholders.
- To help grow the donor, volunteer and supporter database of the charity.
- To liaise with other organisations, mosques, ISOCS and advertising media related to Marketing and Communications.
- To manage the organisations website and third-party fundraising platforms such as Just Giving and LaunchGood.
- Takes responsibility for developing own knowledge of marketing, communications, fundraising and the sector and keeping up to date on new opportunities and developments.
- Assist staff in other departments as required in order to facilitate the work of the charity.
- To participate in meetings, conferences, team activities and fundraising initiatives.
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures as per the company handbook, health and safety requirements and management systems.
- Other duties as per the request of CEO in the interest of the organisation’s objectives.
- Degree qualification or relevant 3-year experience in marketing or communications.
- Basic understanding of CMS systems and project management software and donor management systems
- Good knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Good knowledge of Adobe creative software.
- Ability to work as part of a wider team, internationally with varied stakeholders.
- Good analytical skill and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, with the ability to listen, respond and relate to stakeholders – in particular to explain things clearly to people who may not be very familiar with the digital space.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently, as well as team working skills and a willingness to share knowledge and expertise to achieve common goals.
- Good independent judgement and ability to challenge constructively.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills in order to plan projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex information expressed in numbers, charts or equations.
- A problem-solving approach to work.
- The motivation to keep up to date with technological developments and to work on a project from concept through to closure.
- Ability to give and take feedback.
- To be passionate about the quality of your work, and embrace new technology.
- Effective time-keeping and work load management.
- Ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to deal with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks at one time.
- Comply with GDPR, ICO, Red Cross Code of Conduct and any other relevant codes of conduct.
Please mention unjobvacancies.com when you apply for this position.