In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day amplification of the Cool Food Meals brand, helping badge holders (companies) to communicate the virtues and benefits of the Badge and supporting the recruitment of new Cool Food Meals partners across hospitality, restaurants, food delivery companies, etc. Your task will include creating content and outreach for Cool Food Meals brand on social media. Also, you will be supporting Badge holders through the creation of compelling collateral and resources that can be activated by them to leverage their association with the Badge. You will report to Strategic Brand Manager, you will be a member of the sustainable diets team.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, limited-term two-year position ending in spring 2023, subject to renewal based on performance and funding. This position is remote due to Covid-19, but you will be based at WRI’s office in Washington, DC once restrictions have been lifted.
Digital Asset Production (40%)
- Develop creative collateral concepts and collaborate with creative agencies for development
- Create compelling content and execute effective digital campaigns for Cool Food Meals brand
- Create innovative, channel-specific assets (e.g., social tiles, short-form videos, infographics, etc.) that amplify the Cool Food Meals brand, mission and messages
- Help manage a robust campaign calendar to which partners can get involved
- Working closely with WRI’s design team, maintain a library of tools and templates to ensure brand and messaging consistency
Cool Food Meals Badge holder support (40%)
- Plan, manage, and implement an editorial calendar for the Cool Food Meals brand on social media
- Define and implement brand activation plans that are tailored to both B2B and B2C audiences, consistent in all touchpoints platforms, especially Instagram
- Engage community members through timely, on-brand, and informed responses
- Leverage analytics and audience analysis to inform future outreach strategies and tactics
- Directly support Food program-level social activities, as requested
- Help evolve and elevate Cool Food’s social media presence and performance through sophisticated and novel outreach strategies and campaigns
- Dig deeper into analytics (e.g., social platform analytics and Google Analytics for Cool Food to better understand the full user journey and experience with WRI’s content
- Keep track of emerging social media trends, techniques, and tools
Institutional comms (20%)
- Relationship management with agencies, core comms, and sustainable diets team
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or relevant experience; relevant experience in lieu of degree is accepted
- Minimum of 3 years of full-time work experience Expert knowledge of social platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn)
- Experience using social media management platforms, such as Hootsuite (in particular), Sprout Social, Later, etc.
- Proven experience executing successful social media campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to manage paid campaigns on social platforms
- Fluency in navigating analytics tools, including Facebook Business Manager, Insights, Ads Managers, Google Analytics, etc
- Experience with Microsoft Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Canva, etc.
- Strong understanding of design principles, including color, typography, and composition
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to problem-solve and track multiple projects
- US work authorization required for this position
$79,000 – $106,000 if based in United States. Salary is commensurate with experience and other compensable factors.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume with cover letter. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
Do you believe in the power of marketing to do good? Do you want to help consumers to make better choices when it comes to living sustainably? Then come and join our Cool Food Team to help consumers choose more climate friendly meals. Cool Food is recruiting a Cool Food Meals marketing manager to execute marketing activities and campaigns for the Cool Food Meals badge.
Cool Food Meals launched in October 2020 and is a consumer-facing campaign that identifies and badges meals that fall under an environmental threshold and meet nutritional safeguards. Panera Bread was the first restaurant chain to feature the Cool Food Meals badge on qualifying menu items, with more joining in 2021. This exciting and dynamic initiative supports WRI’s Food Program, which identifies and develops solutions to the world’s food production and consumption problems, with a view to sustainably feeding nearly 10 billion people by 2050. We identify ways to reduce food loss and waste, enable consumers to make more sustainable food choices, and advance strategies to sustainably increase food production, such as restoring degraded lands back into productivity, increasing pastureland yields, and improving land and water management.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.