PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The role was originally held by the current MEAL manager and was never replaced due to funding limitations. The role has been slightly modified from what it originally was, to focus on areas that have been identified over the last period as significant gaps in the MEAL Unit. This includes research, report writing, evidence generation and learning. The role will lead these key aspects and will provide guidance on how evidence and learning from the research work conducted could/should be used for resource mobilization, prepositioning as well as sharing with others stakeholders for purposes of raising WV Iraq’s profile in the industry. Under the supervision of the MEAL Manager, the MEL Coordinator will be responsible to coordinate all MEL tasks & communication with internal & external platforms.
Planning / Design / Re-Designing:
- Ensure technical support is provided for proposals in developing log frame, indicators, M&E plans, budgets (MEL activities, MEL staff, capacity building & tools) and MEL in alignment with World Vision & international humanitarian standards.
Assessments and Reporting:
- Lead and ensure timely conducting of all baselines, mid-terms and endline assessments.
- Write and review quality reports for all assessments and share with the relevant teams.
- Where necessary facilitate the process of engaging external consultants to support these processes including report writing.
- Making sure all generated reports are manageable and accessible in time of usage.
- Ensure aspects of research are included in the design of projects as relevant.
- Lead and coordinate research in all sectors of WV Iraq programming.
- Where external consultants are engaged, manage the process and work closely with the consultant
- Facilitate/Co-facilitate the sharing of research findings both internally and externally.
Project closeout, Evaluations, & learning:
- Participate in Project Close Out processes to ensure all MEL related aspects are covered.
- Complete end lines of outcome level indicators and document outcome level changes to demonstrate impact.
- Where required by the donor support in the facilitation of the end of project evaluation process in alignment with WV Iraq standards.
- Develop ToR, oversee the entire process and ensure quality of all deliverables where evaluations are conducted by external consultants.
- Sharing key findings from the measurement processes (end lines & evaluations) with the Senior Leadership.
- Conduct learning events for implemented projects before the closure to document learnings and best practices for future programing.
Capacity building & management:
- Supervise MEL staff under this role, mentor and their capacities built to deliver high-quality outputs.
- Ensure management of day-to-day MEL tasks are completed with appropriate resources, proper planning, and to the highest standard required.
- Support other tasks as required by the MEAL Manager, PDQA manager and Response Director.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
MEAL Coordinator – Erbil
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor degree or (preferred Master’s degree) in an area of social development, gender or equivalent.
- (3-5) years of field experience in development, program monitoring and evaluation, and Learning.
- Previous experience with developing MEL tools, research, indicator measurements and capacity building.
- Commitment to World Vision Core values
- Excellent knowledge in Kobo, SMAP, SPSS and data management.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, PowerPoint, database, spreadsheet and graphics presentations
- High end knowledge in Microsoft office package (outlook and excel analysis)
- Fluent in English and Arabic in both verbal and written (Kurdish, Turkmen and Assyrian are a plus).
- Travel is required for working locations
How To Apply
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at: https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorldVisionInternational/details/MEL-Coordinator—Erbil_R3791?q=MEAL+Coordinator
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 6 April 2022.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.