CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and fight with CARE.
CARE is seeking a talented and innovative Media & Communications Specialist (MCS) who will develop media and communications materials and facilitate communication flows in regard to the Ukraine Crisis Response in Poland and ensure that CARE staff (including CARE International members) and key external stakeholders receive the information they need. This will require developing, strengthening, and streamlining existing information management systems to respond to demands from internal and external stakeholders.
- Information Management
- Leadership and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Social, political sciences, Information Management, project management, or similar
- Experience in general administration, information management, and telecommunication skills with a proficiency in information technology/ computer skills
- Experience as a media liaison and skills using media tools e.g. photography, video, etc.
- At least 3 years of experience in communications, information dissemination, international relations and/or media work
- Proven experience of communicating information to a wide range of different audiences
- Ability to review and edit reports and other written documentation for dissemination and publication
- Ability to collect information and undertake research under potentially difficult and constraining conditions
- Ability to develop and present information and communication products for a range of different audiences
- Awareness of potential sensitivity of the information in the context of CARE’s emergency response and development programming and ability to differentiate between information for internal versus external audiences
- Willingness to work and travel in difficult circumstances and adhere to agreed security procedures
- English and Polish language proficiency
How to apply
To apply for this position, please visit our website at
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at [email protected]
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here. The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE’s career website at any time.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.