For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been working in Lebanon for nearly 30 years and specifically on the response to the Syrian crisis since 2012, COVID-19 pandemic and the current economic crisis. The goal of MdM in Lebanon is to offer care to Syrian refugees and vulnerable Lebanese affected by this crisis. MdM’s intervention in Lebanon aims to strengthen the national health and mental health system and increase access to quality primary and mental healthcare. MdM currently supports 3 primary healthcare centers (PHCCs) in the Bekaa Valley through the implementation of flat-flee model and a local NGO in Beirut. MdM is working in the integration of mental health in the primary healthcare system and contributing to the development of a community-based mental healthcare services, opening and running community mental health centers (CMHC), in coordination with partners for the substance use, gender and inclusion components. MdM’s medical activities are mainly based in Bekaa Valley.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you have the responsibility to ensure the success of the mission’s health strategy and the quality of health programmes.
You directly supervise a pharmacist, a GBV advisor, a medical advisor. You have a technical functional linkk with the programme managers, the community outreach supervisor, the community mobilization officers and the health monitoring officers, while working in close collaboration with the programme coordinator, the MHPSS coordinator and the MEAL coordinator.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
Medical programme management and support to partners
- Participate in the development of new projects and related proposals
- Ensure the achievement of outcomes and implementation of activities, the quality and the consistence of the medical component of the program
- Propose and lead lesson-learning and evaluation dynamics, including development of tools and methodologies
- Develop, update and design medical standards, protocols and good practices
- Ensure that medical components of the program, including GBV mainstreaming in all activities, are consistent with our strategy and the MOPH regulation and strategy
- Contribute to develop the community approach
- Follow up on the current data collection system for health activities
Medical stock and logistics chain for medical procurement
- Ensure medical activities have needed equipment, material and drugs to function
- Support the medical procurement process in term of need assessment and quality check
Team management and capacity building
- Ensure the direct supervision of the medical programme manager, outreach supervisor, pharmacist, data manager, M&E manager, medical advisor and GBV advisor
- Provide technical support to the different department
- Identify the needs of medical staff for the program, draft their job profiles and organize their recruitments
- Participate in the briefings and debriefings, annual reviews for the team managed
- Participate in regular meetings with the other departments and specifically the MHPSS department
- Maintain good inter-team communications engender good team dynamics
- Identify the needs for training/support of the medical team, including the partners staff and facilitate the implementation of a global training plan for the team managed
- Participate in the design of training curriculum for outreach workers, field team and PHCC staff (MdM and partners)
Coordination with partners
- Represent MdM in coordination meetings and facilitate coordination between MdM and other relevant actors
- Actively participate in technical meetings with the partners of the project to design key standardized documents and tools for medical reporting and data collection, and consolidate a legal and strategic framework ensuring access to quality health services for all
- Provide monthly reporting about medical activities
- Participate in fundraising, proposal writing to potential donors and donor’s reportings
- Ensure the production of summaries and analysis of the data collected and compiled.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Duration : 12 months
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 3 088 euros
Position based in Beirut, with field visits to MdM supported PHCCs (Bekaa, Tripoli)
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Medical doctor, nurse or midwife with a master’s degree in public health
Experience in leading medical programmes and activities including MEAL component
Experience of work in the Middle-East
Experience in negotiations with local authorities, partners and staff in difficult contexts an asset
Ability to manage a team and work with partners in a multi-cultural setting
Ability to have a global overview of a program and long-term strategy
Languages: English mandatory, Arabic and French are an asset.
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to apply
To apply, click on the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JVvfjYfU?idpartenaire=128
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.