Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
Clinic Service delivery
- Provide direct clinical care, working closely with the other mobile team clinical staff to ensure the delivery of high quality comprehensive primary healthcare services.
- Manage medical, pediatric, and obstetric emergencies presenting to the facility, ensuring appropriate handover and referral as needed
- Ensure all patient consultations and treatments are appropriately recorded.
- Oversee the provision of quality care within the health clinic, ensuring consultations and treatments are in line with clinical protocols, guidelines, and best practices
- Provide health and hygiene promotion to patients and caregivers
- Ensure appropriate infection prevention and control measures are in place at the facility and monitor staff adherence.
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected, and that all consultations are conducted in a dignified and respectful manner
Staff Supervision & Development
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Provide medical support and mentorship to other health facility/mobile clinic staff, providing on-the-job training where needed.
- Support the Health Manager to organize regular meetings with local committees and strengthening the community relationship.
- Responsible for the overall technical and administrative oversight of mobile clinic services
- Plan and implement outreach activities with the rest of the team to access vulnerable clients to increase service utilization.
- Oversee the training of community volunteers to provide health promotion, community mobilization and awareness raising.
- Ensure regular inventory and consumption tracking of medical drugs and supplies.
- Work with relevant staff to ensure prompt requesting of medical drugs and supplies.
Coordination and Representation
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with local communities, local government agencies and other implementing partners.
- Hold meetings with local communities and represent the program in local stakeholder meetings.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Ensure all patient consultations are documented and patient records completed.
- Assist and supervise medical staff in maintaining facility registers and other data collection tools, ensuring accurate and timely recording of information.
- Assist and supervise medical staff in weekly/ monthly/ quarterly collection, compilation and reporting of data.
- Submit reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure non-disclosure of any information whatsoever about practices and IRC activities to any other person or organization without permission, except in the normal performance of the service.
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of the team; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs.
Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.