LSM - Laudato Si' Movement
Member Organizations Coordinator
LSM – Laudato Si’ Movement
Laudato Si’ Movement serves the Catholic family worldwide to turn Pope Francis’ Laudato Si’ encyclical letter into action for climate and ecological justice. Laudato Si’ Movement’s grassroots movement-building efforts draw on the combined gifts of nearly 800 member organizations and thousands of grassroots members help bring the Laudato Si’ message to life.
About the position
The Member Organizations Coordinator grows, develops and cultivates partnerships with international Catholic organizations in order to inspire and mobilize the Catholic community to care for our common home and achieve climate and ecological justice. This role will focus on nurturing relationships and collaborating with LSM’s Member Organizations (MOs), as well as growing their numbers (about half of LSM MOs are religious orders, with the rest being a mix of lay movements, Catholic NGOs and networks, Caritas agencies, youth groups, diocesan offices, and more). It will also involve providing resources to MOs to better enable their participation and partnership in LSM campaigns and projects. This person will report to the Director of Network Engagement and will liaise with others as needed.
Areas of responsibility
Deepen existing partnerships and collaborations with international Member Organizations. Develop and implement an outreach strategy to grow relationships with potential Member Organizations at the international level. Recruit MOs to participate in key global moments and campaigns, such as the Laudato Si Animators training, Season of Creation, advocacy efforts, and the Laudato Si Movie. Identify opportunities for LSM to provide support to MOs in achieving their missions. Receive and integrate feedback from MOs on how to strengthen LSM programs and campaigns. Develop educational and informational materials to support outreach and campaign needs, including the facilitation of webinars. Advance strategic opportunities to collaborate with MOs to advocate for climate and ecological justice, as it aligns with LSMs priorities and mission.
Internal Coordination and Projects
Collaborate internally with regional Program Managers to ensure seamless coordination between the global and regional levels, as it relates to work with regional MOs. Support and develop ongoing tracking, and evaluation systems to ensure maximum organizational impact. Ensure relevant grant reports and documents are completed in a timely manner. Update and manage organizational databases related to work with MOs. Draft and send communications, letters, reports, and website updates. Assist with logistics for events, projects and campaigns related to work with MOs. From time to time, contribute work towards LSM’s overall mission that is outside standard responsibilities and instead relies solely on geographic location or work capacity.
- Demonstrate at least 1 to 3 years experience in the areas of responsibility;
- Familiarity working with Catholic institutions and Church structures, including Sisters organizations. Familiarity with ecological issues at both the level of impact and the level of policy;
- Excellent writing and verbal skills in English and, preferably, Italian;
- Experience working on advocacy campaigns;
- Comfortable working in a prayerful faith-based environment.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following attributes
- Leads by example: Endorses and embodies LSM values and the Laudato Si’ paradigm in behavior and words. Is grounded in faith and committed to spiritual transformation;
- Strategic and Innovative: Is a creative and strategic thinker, naturally ambitious, who exercises courage, imagination and confidence to think outside of the box and push boundaries. Integrates learning and ongoing innovations in his/her area to improve impact and reach;
- Productive: A motivated self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment and to produce high-quality materials with a strong attention to detail;
- Project management: Is able to lead projects and ensure that a quality end product is delivered on or ahead of schedule. Familiar with Microsoft Office suite, Google Apps Suite, the basics of digital organizing, and able to learn new applications and programs quickly;
- Effective problem solving: Identifies challenges and takes a problem-solving approach, analyzes data to produce insights, and generates wise, actionable recommendations;
- Leads oneself: Shows self-awareness and is curious about how he/she adds value to the organization. Fosters a growth mindset that is open to change;
- Is inspiring, articulate, and persuasive, to compellingly present complex ideas to Catholic individuals and institutions and a wider audience, both as a public speaker and writer. A highly skilled relationship builder;
- An understanding of the Catholic Church structure and existing contacts with different Catholic institutions and individuals (preferred);
- Is aware of differing cultural practices and can sensitively and authentically engage in a wide variety of relationships. Able to work seamlessly across borders and time zones.
- English: required;
- Italian: highly desired, but not required.
Location: Worldwide, with a preference for Rome, Italy.
- 3 years position with the possibility of extending.
- Will work in the Rome LSM office or at home.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary consummate with experience;
- Flexible working including home based;
- Generous holiday entitlement with additional holidays around Easter and Christmas.
To apply, please send the following documents
- Cover letter (one page);
- Salary Expectation.
Deadline: November 7th, 2021.
Don’t forget to mention unjobvacancies.com when applying.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.