Ontario One Call
Ontario One Call operates an inbound contact centre which collects information, from people planning to dig, to assist in identifying underground infrastructure. You would be truly amazed at what is buried beneath your feet! In addition to our contact centre, we are also responsible for public education, industry outreach and compliance. Ontario One Call is a not-for-profit governed by a Board of Directors representative of the underground infrastructure and excavation industries.
At Ontario One Call, we are Reliable Experts who Care.
Reliable…We are dependable and accessible
Experts…We have the mindset to lead innovation
Caring…We ensure the safety and well-being in our communities.
Do you have what it takes to join our team?
Working with a small team of energetic staff, in a supportive and enthusiastic environment, the individual will demonstrate empathy, flexibility, a willingness to learn, and the ability to develop long-lasting and positive working relationships.
The Member Services team works with various applications which include; TelDig software, GIS map implementation, Microsoft Office, and various Databases. ON1Call will train the successful candidate in all aspects of the role, and will provide guidance that will lead to a positive working experience.
This position reports to the Member and Client Services Manager and is located at our head office at 104 Cooper Drive in Guelph, Ontario.
- Interacting with all assigned prospect organizations, defining their needs, and programming the ON1Call system using TelDig software.
- Ownership of the relationship with assigned ON1Call members, for all on-going matters.
- Continuous system testing and regular follow-up to ensure the member’s service remains successful.
- Problem resolution regarding mapping requirements and subscription changes, for prospective and registered member organizations, as required.
- Investigations into member notifications and ticket processing.
- Engaging with ON1Call’s vendors for GIS mapping requirements, and .Net system requirements used for daily operations.
- Engaging with other staff as necessary to ensure potential membership difficulties are resolved in an efficient and professional manner.
- Providing regular communications and activity reporting to the respective Supervisor/ Manager.
- Additional duties as may be required.
- Knowledge of GIS, construction, utilities, safety and the regulatory environment in Ontario for worker safety is an asset.
- Skilled in the use of MS Office Suite applications, and TelDig .Net functionality as well as a willing to take part in in-house training with several additional software applications specific to ON1Call.
- Well organized with the ability to accommodate rapid change.
- Demonstrates ability to manage projects.
- Energetic and enthusiastic, with a mature attitude.
- Ability to work independently and also harmoniously within a small, collaborative team.
- The ability to work under pressure to accommodate workflow variation and still retain a sense of humor is vital.
- Able to travel within Ontario by vehicle and plane, as required.
- Fluency in written and spoken French is a strong asset.
Education & Experience:
- 2 year’s successful experience in a similar position with equivalent responsibilities.
- Completion of post secondary diploma or degree program in business admin., construction planning or other relevant field.
- Familiarity with Ontario One Call, processes, purpose and mission as well as a willingness to take part in in-house training with several additional software applications specific to Ontario One Call is an asset
- PLAC Certification is an asset
- Starting salary of $48,000 – $52,000/annum dependent on qualifications and experience
- Extensive health, dental and life insurance benefits
- Highly engaged workforce and excellent workplace culture
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Collaborative team
- New, clean and bright facility
As a precondition to employment, all potential new employees will be required to provide satisfactory employment references, successfully complete a criminal background check prior to or any time following hire, and provide proof, satisfactory to Ontario One Call, that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to hire. Request for accommodation may be made, based on a medical need. The request for accommodation must be made during the initial application process.
For clarity prior to hire, applicants must be:
- Fully Vaccinated and must provide proof of vaccination; Or
- Provide written proof of a medical reason, satisfactory to Ontario One Call, provided by a physician or nurse practitioner that sets out: i) a documented medical reason for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and ii) the effective time-period for the medical reason. Or
- Provide written proof, satisfactory to Ontario One Call, that obtaining the vaccination is an infringement on a protected ground under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Ontario One Call is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $48,000.00-$52,000.00 per year
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.