Fixed-term contract – 9 months
Starting date : ASAP
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in IRAQ
The Iraq mission has been open since 1983. PUI develops its integrated approach to bring help to vulnerable refugees, displaced persons as well as host communities (to avoid marginalization when the pressure on available resources becomes unbearable), in order to improve their living conditions and reinforce their resilience to enable them to regain dignity and autonomy.. Furthermore, PUI provides a humanitarian response to needs arising from movements of population through actions aimed at reinforcing the existing Health system, and providing Mental Health Psychosocial Support to the people in need, but also at providing access to Shelter, to drinking Water, Hygiene and Sanitation. Today, the mission is implementing 4 projects.
What about the MHPSS Coordinator – Iraq ?
As Mental Health & Psychosocial Coordinator (MHPSS Co), you will enforce the mission’s MHPSS strategy and the quality of current and future programmes during the design, implementation, and evaluation stages.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Evaluation/Strategy: You will take part in developing the operating strategy and will propose relevant services to respond to needs identified in the country. You will carry out MHPSS monitoring for the country and analyse strengths and weaknesses.
- Programmes: You will provide functional support, related to technical aspects during programme implementation and monitoring.
- Representation/Coordination: You will ensure PUI’s representation to partners, donors, and authorities within the sector, in the technical field of expertise, and will ensure that information about the mission is properly distributed.
- Human Resources / Training: You will offer technical support to the MHPSS team, will provide support to project managers for recruiting technical staff and oversee the training contents and the quality of activities (including clinical supervision) on the basis of identified population’s needs, human resources and technical capacities.
- Logistics and Administration: You will ensure the activities for which you are responsible comply with logistical and administrative procedures.
- Safety: You will contribute to compliance with safety rules within the mission and communicate any safety-related information to the Head of Mission.
The challenges that await you :
- Strategy development : The MHPSS Co position in the context of the Iraq mission is a challenging position, which will offer you the opportunity to be innovative in proposing adaptations to the intervention strategy to best respond to the current challenges and context, in line with PUI’s intervention frameworks.
- Access to sustainable quality care : The main issues in the mental health sector are its sustainability and access to quality focused and specialized MHPSS care. Therefore, the main challenge of the MHPSS Coordinator position is to work towards a strong and sustainable strategic position in a recovery and development approach to contribute to address these issues.
- Integrated approach and partnership : The MHPSS interventions are historically mostly integrated into Health, PUI being a recognized Health actor. This integration is to be further sustained and also to be developed across new sectors through potentiel partnerships
What you will need to succeed
- Training : You hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in Clinical Psychology. A technical background in project management, and/or in Cognitive and Behavioral Therapy will be appreciated.
- Experience : Strengthened by minimum 3 years of experience implementing MHPSS programs, 2 years of clinical practice in mental health or psychosocial care, and a previous working experience abroad with NGO, you master management of MHPSS related projects. A clinical experience with migrants/displaced people, victims of confilcts, survivors of S/GBV and survivors of torture would be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills : You have good written communication skills, you master the program management and have a knowledge of procedures of institutional donors (OFDA, ECHO, UN agencies, etc.).
- Qualities : You are able to work independently, to take responsibility, in a proactive approach in order to make proposals and to identify solutions. You have good analytical, organisational and management skills. You demonstrate diplomacy, open-mindedness and a good resilience to stress.
- Languages : English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Arabic, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« PUI teams are committed to supporting civilian victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapse, by answering their fundamental needs. PUI’s aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. If you have been looking for an opportunity to be part of a committed group of experts and support the population who are the most needy and waiting humanitarian aids and your support, then the opportunity is there and we welcome you to join our efforts in addressing these needs. »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 200,00 – 2 530,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in private accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply ?
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email or application letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web unjobvacancies.com