Première Urgence Internationale
Contrat à Durée Déterminée (6 mois) – Prise de poste : ASAP
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in Ukraine
Our mission in Ukraine has been open since 2015. PUI develops its integrated approach with health, mental health and wash projects. Furthermore, PUI works to improve and restore equitable access to quality health services as well as to water, sanitation and hygiene for the most vulnerable population living in cities located along the contact line in the Donetsk Oblast. Today, the mission is implementing 3 projects.
What about the MHPSS Project Manager ?
As MHPSS Project Manager, you will be responsible for the implementation and supervision of all MHPSS activities in the project, and you will manage PUI’s human and financial resources dedicated to the MHPSS activities.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Programs: You will ensure proper implementation and monitoring of MHPSS programs falling under your responsibility.
- Human Resources: You will supervise the MHPSS Team (PUI salaried employees and, as the case may be, daily paid workers).
- Logistics and Administration: You will ensure compliance of activities falling under your responsibility with logistical and administrative procedures.
- Representation: You will represent the association before partners, authorities and local actors involved in the implementation of MHPSS programs.
- Safety: You will contribute to efforts aimed at ensuring compliance with safety rules at the site, and will transmit all information relating to safety concerns to your immediate supervisor.
- Strategy: You will contribute to the development of new interventions on the basis of identified needs.
The challenges that await you :
1/MHPSS department is to be created, as it used to be under Health PM 2/Build PUI’s credibility among Protection/Mental health actors; Huge stigma around mental health assistance in Ukraine 3/Manage a russian-speaking team
What you will need to succeed
- Training : You hold a Bachelor’s or Master‘s degree in psychology (or related field). Technical background in clinical psychology, project management, CBT-based and other evidence-based Interventions will be valued.
- Experience : Strengthened by minimum 2 years of clinical practice in mental health or psychosocial care, 2 years of experience with NGO and abroad, you master management MHPSS related projects. Previous experience in Community and public health, in trauma-focused therapy and/or in in scalable MHPSS programs will be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills : You master the project management, you demonstrate strong writing, programmatic, financial and organizational planning skills, and you have a good knowledge of MHPSS programming. All the better if you have a good understanding of institutional donors’ procedures (OFDA, ECHO, AAP, UN agencies…) and of IASC MHPSS guidelines.
- Qualities : You are able to work independently, to take responsibility, in a proactive approach in order to make proposals and to identify solutions. You have good analytical, organisational and management skills. You demonstrate diplomacy, open-mindedness and a good resilience to stress.
- Languages : English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. Russian is highly recommended.
A word from the manager
« Ukraine mission is a small but full of challenges mission. The Country offers a unique humanitarian setting enabling the mission to implement and develop humanitarian activities. Great team, great food and great winters ! »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 1 815,00 – 2 145,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.